Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Question........  (Read 706 times)

Melc333

• First Flush
Question........
« on: August 11, 2022, 03:31:47 PM »

Hello...... I've been on Evoril Conti patches since last September mainly to stop my hot flushes,  they stopped the flushes but now in this heatwave I'm finding that I'm developing a heat rash which I've never suffered from before.  Do you think it could have something to do with the patches stopping the hot flushes or had anyone else had the same problems ? Oh and I'm finding that stopping the flushes are the only thing these patches are helping with,  if anything  I feel more depressed and anxious then before.... :( :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Question........
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 03:47:25 PM »

Hi!  where are the rashes occurring?

It is exceptionally hot across the UK which I think will encourage strange skin conditions.  I have been bitten several times .......

Is it itchy enough to use anti-histamines?  U could show the rash to a pharmacist for advice. 

Anxiety can increase with peri-menopause.  How were your moods when you had regular periods?  Depression can be linked to hormonal upheaval too.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress. 

Melc333

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 08:19:03 PM »

Hi CLKD
They are on most of my body at the moment.  Thing is I was thinking that with the flushes stopping it is having an adverse effect on my body heat in a different way...... I'm 56 now and have been gong through this for 6 years now but only just decided to take the hrt.....I am taking some cream for the rashes,  just wondered if anyone else was suffering the same reaction,  I have not had any skin issues for years.  If its not one thing is another....  ::) ::)

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 08:41:40 PM »

Hi Meic

I think you’re having a histamine reaction to the patches.
I think you need a review with your GP, because along with this rash issue you have not stabilised mood wise, so it all needs looking at.

Hopefully you have a good Gp that you can relate to, if not you might have to change Gp to find someone you can work with.

Xx