Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2116 times)

Sazzle42115

Anxiety
« on: August 11, 2022, 03:06:02 PM »

Anyone else really anxious all the time?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 03:49:02 PM »

Used to be.  My GP gave me anti-anxiety medication to use as necessary.  I have an emergency drug to take when over whelmed.

How is your diet? Low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges.  Eating regularly with plenty of fresh fruit/veg and dairy might help.

Is the anxiety cyclical?

joziel

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 04:16:12 PM »

If this has begun since being on HRT, I'd be thinking about the estrogen... the wrong dose, too much or too little, or histamine intolerance can all cause anxiety.

Rainy kelly

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 04:45:01 AM »

Hi Sazzle! Yes ..me! .. ive just posted to ask the same question .. the anxiety! .. gets me in waves .. I often wake in the night in an instant  panic .. but noticed I'm often  having a hot flash at the same time..and the waves can get me when I'm calm just sitting watching TV!
I know anxiety can cause odd sensations but this feels different and like hormones are in charge...I get goosebumps in waves .
I feel  them coming up my arms ... im on everol sequi .. week 3 .. ..the main reason is to see if they will help with the anxiety... the body ache ,  hot sweats, insomnia and brain fog I could cope with but the anxiety heightening by the day was just too much .... not seen a great change tbh.. but gonna keep with the patches and hope they help in some way ...Rainy
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 04:54:08 AM by Rainy kelly »

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 11:51:34 AM »

Hi Sazzle! Yes ..me! .. ive just posted to ask the same question .. the anxiety! .. gets me in waves .. I often wake in the night in an instant  panic .. but noticed I'm often  having a hot flash at the same time..and the waves can get me when I'm calm just sitting watching TV!
I know anxiety can cause odd sensations but this feels different and like hormones are in charge...I get goosebumps in waves .
I feel  them coming up my arms ... im on everol sequi .. week 3 .. ..the main reason is to see if they will help with the anxiety... the body ache ,  hot sweats, insomnia and brain fog I could cope with but the anxiety heightening by the day was just too much .... not seen a great change tbh.. but gonna keep with the patches and hope they help in some way ...Rainy

I really feel for you. I'm going through just the same symptoms apart from I don't get the goosebumps but awful waves of anxiety starting in my stomach and spreading everywhere yuck..  Have had to change my HRT 4 times over the past year and it's left my system absolutely in a total mess.  The symptoms you have said I get too and its the anxiety bit I hate the most it gets to a certain level when it's almost uncopeable with :( plus waking in a total panic hot and sweaty heart pounding - its beyond horrible. I am now back on Oestrogel the last 12 days the original one I was on for many years .  I am told it is going to take quite a while for things to level out.  What a nightmare hormones are for us ladies. I do hope you start to feel better soon xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 11:57:38 AM »

Could your symptoms be a 'hot flush' - sometimes it can begin with nausea = anxiety ?

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 04:35:37 PM »

Anxiety and insomnia were my worst symptoms. Cured by hrt but it did take 3 months and very little improvement in the first month. They seem to need a build up of oestrogen.
If you still have hot flushes and have been on hrt for more than a month (they usually take a couple of weeks) you may need a higher dose.

Rainy kelly

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 09:57:06 PM »

Thanks for the advice sheila99 ..im def gonna give the patches c time to kick in and relieved its not just me turning into a mess with the anxiety ....
I did some reading pippa52 about histamine surges causing anxiety!!!and anti histamine can help ease it Who knew ...I took 2 chlorpheniramine..4 hours apart today and they called me pretty instantly!! Amazed ... will take 1 before bed and hoping the night anxiety eases ....I hope your symptoms subside .. im feeling your pain with the waves

Pippa52

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 09:59:50 PM »

Thanks for the advice sheila99 ..im def gonna give the patches c time to kick in and relieved its not just me turning into a mess with the anxiety ....
I did some reading pippa52 about histamine surges causing anxiety!!!and anti histamine can help ease it Who knew ...I took 2 chlorpheniramine..4 hours apart today and they called me pretty instantly!! Amazed ... will take 1 before bed and hoping the night anxiety eases ....I hope your symptoms subside .. im feeling your pain with the waves

Hope so much you have a good night … fingers crossed for you xx

Rainy kelly

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 07:05:17 AM »

Morning ladies...well I took the antihistamines before bed.... and had about the best night's rest I've had in months !!!.... don't get me wrong ..I still had broken sleep but felt like getting back to sleep was no prob...no racing heart or urge to dive out of the bed in a panic ..no big sweats or waves of anxiety waiting in the back ground ! .. so maybe it's a slight break through ....and no groggy head like paroxatine can tend to give me ...xx

joziel

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2022, 11:33:41 AM »

Rainy, I commented on your other post - look into histamine intolerance if you've found that anti-histamines are helping you so much. Especially the work Dr Tina Peers is doing into estrogen and histamine intolerance...

ElkWarning

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 01:55:10 PM »

Isn't Nytol basically anti-histamine?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 04:14:55 PM »

Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine medication mainly used to treat allergies. It can also be used for insomnia, symptoms of the common cold, tremor in parkinsonism, and nausea. It is taken by mouth, injected into a vein, injected into a muscle, or applied to the skin. Wikipedia

I found it vile. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:48:53 AM by CLKD »

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 09:31:38 PM »

Isn't Nytol basically anti-histamine?
I don't know about nytol but some of the otc sleeping pills are antihistamines.

Rainy kelly

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 05:11:17 PM »

Thankyou Joziel.

The difference is pretty astounding...ive take chlorphenamine...just the cheaper version of Piriton...ive been reading up ..no docs have ever mentioned it to me .. its def made the past 3 days more bareable! X
Pages: [1] 2