Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Does hrt help reduce belly fat?  (Read 1220 times)

Cruicky69

• First Flush
Does hrt help reduce belly fat?
« on: August 01, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »

Hi all,  I’m brand new to this forum.  I am waiting to get approval for hrt patches, as there is breast cancer family history.  I have all the typical issues, but my biggest nightmare is my stomach, I’ve gained almost 2 stone in a year.  I’m 53, I work out consistently, weights, spin, swimming and walking, my diet is pretty good too.  I’d love to know of anyone else experiencing this and that perhaps hrt has helped reduce the belly weight?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does hrt help reduce belly fat?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 08:10:11 PM »

Have U put on weight ?  My apron dropped a few years ago, due to a loss of oestrogen which is the bodies elastic.  From above I look fat, when laying down my belly is flat  ::)

MayB keeping a mood/food/symptom diary would be useful.  Who R U waiting for to approve the HRT.  Is your GP working on now discredited research from years ago?

Browse round. Make notes.   :welcomemm:

Bevey

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 11:23:49 PM »

What works really well is intermittent fasting: eat for an eight hour window and then fast for 16 hours. When you eat, though, you need to eat whole foods, no junk, and make sure that you keep your sugars down, as sugar increases insulin, and high insulin signals the body to store fat.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, just let me know :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 08:24:50 AM »

If I followed that regime Bevey I would be on the floor with anxiety  :'(

We are hunter gathers so would graze , eating the main meat meal in the evenings to digest over night.  I was advised by a Practitioner who did a lot of work on Pre-Menstrual Syndrome to eat every 3 hours.  24/7. 

ATB

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 08:57:40 AM »

Hi, yes a lot of women experience this at this stage of their life. It’s a common result I guess, of low estrogen fluctuating hormones and low energy to exercise. I found that HRT, including testosterone, helped with my energy and ability to exercise and with more energy came motivation to eat properly and all of that. I’m not quite back to my pre menopausal weight, but definitely that belly issue is pretty much gone now and only occasionally mild bloating causes the meno belly look for me.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 10:02:03 AM »

As my dog and I aged together we didn't walk as briskly, I put on nearly 2 stone and it took 14 months to get it off by borrowing the neighbour's puppy and walking miles.

Cruicky69

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 10:14:58 AM »

Thanks for your responses.  I have already tried fasting and that hasn’t worked for me.  I am very disciplined, working out 4 or 5 days a week, and have done for years! so will just continue and everything crossed that the increase in oestrogen will eventually reduce my belly

ATB

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 10:30:05 AM »

Have you checked your thyroid? You honestly sound like me when I first started my hormone journey. I was diagnosed hypothyroid after a year of struggling and wondering. You just need to probably get a private full thyroid panel from Medi checks labs as nhs don’t do it. Just to cross that off as a possible reason.

Cruicky69

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 11:13:58 AM »

Hi ATB

thanks for this tip.  I’m looking at medi check website, can you also advise which thyroid test to get, as there are quite a few?

ATB

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 11:38:08 AM »

It’s the Advanced Thyroid Function blood test.

Cruicky69

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 04:47:37 PM »

Many thanks!  Will try it for sure