Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ectopics on exertion?  (Read 3196 times)

joziel

Re: Ectopics on exertion?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »

Yes, I'm in two minds though. On the one hand, it's really tough at night at the moment. And I don't want my body to practise doing this or get even more into this pattern.

On the other hand, if this is going to sort itself out given more time, I don't really want to be put on meds etc prematurely and be left thinking 'do I really need this??'.

It would be good if the appointment were a little earlier, but part of me also thinks that it really gives my body a chance to stabilise - if things are not better by then, I really need their help because it's not going to go away. My GP had originally wanted to see me a month after stopping the estrogen, for a review. (That was before I got her to refer me anyway.) But maybe a month is a better reference point...  ???

Cassie

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2022, 08:16:16 PM »

Joziel, the Utrogestan def gives me ectopics more so than usual and I on the 100mg. I would never be able to tolerate the 200mg. It leaves me feeling so wired like I have had a pot of coffee.
My daughter has developed Supra Ventricular Tachycardia a type of irregular benign heart rhythm, I am convinced its brought on by the oral contraceptive she is taking as I remember getting something similiar when I took a different type of pill which is exactly why I switched to transdermal gel, oh the joys!

joziel

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2022, 10:04:24 PM »

That's all very interesting Cassie. I definitely don't feel wired on the utrogestan. I feel naturally sleepy - until I actually drop off, when the palps start  ;D I wonder if I should try a night off it, to see. Although how will I then know if I'm just getting better with longer off the estrogen.  ??? Maybe I'll wait another week before trialling it. I really don't want it to be the utrogestan because I need some kind of progesterone options to suppress the endo - I don't want to go back on desogestrel because it suppresses my estrogen too low and causes me low estrogen symptoms and I don't really want to take another synthetic progestin - I like the fact that utrogestan is natural and body identical  ???  So I really don't want it to be the cause of this.

What does your daughter need to do, to cope with her supra ventricular tachycardia? Does she have meds or anything? I agree it could well be the combined pill she's on (is it combined?) - that's what happened to me when I was 21 and trialled a combined pill.

And interesting that it happened to you when you tried a pill but you were okay with the gel. That gives me hope that if I try something other than patches next time, I might have more luck. I thought I might try the Lenzetto or the gel next time, with a tiny dose to start.

Cassie

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2022, 12:09:35 PM »

The cardiologist said he can prescribe a beta blocker but its not really necessary she doesnt get too many episodes of them. I am quite sure that when she stops the pill, yes its the combined one that they will go away, they certainly did for me the moment I went onto the gel. Well I still get them but not nearly as badly, mine were also diagnosed as benign.

KaraShannon

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2022, 11:33:59 PM »

I see there's been quite the conversation here  :)  I've just come on here very late to add something and realised I've not kept up. 

I'll read properly tomorrow but Joziel, I wanted to reassure on one thing.  I was told by a cardiologist that ectopics occurring at rest are usually the benign kind (but that doesn't mean people who get them during exercise have the bad kind, it just means they may be more suspicious, but often still benign.  Anyone else reading this it's vital to be properly checked out for this sort of thing).  I've only read your first reply to me, but will come back to this in the morning. 

And I came here quickly to add (and ask), does anyone get a sense of their heart 'sucking' for up to an hour.  Sounds weird, I just don't know how else to describe it.  It feels strange in my chest and as though my heart is pulling or sucking on something.  Always when I have my period.  As I mentioned before been told heart is fine and anything I get is 'something else' impacting on my heart, like hormones.

Anyway tonight heart was sucking away and then I had a run of ectopic beats and heart went back to normal.  While the ectopics bothered me they were a relief, they heralded the end of the 'sucking' feeling.  I know how strange this sounds.  If I didn't know about hearts and dangerous rhythms or anything I'd have done anything to bring on those ectopics as it seemed to reset everything. 

Anyone ever had anything like that?   ???

Be back soon to catch up  :)

Cassie

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2022, 07:23:31 PM »

Alcohol is a trigger for my ectopics. I will be fine and have a glass or 2 of white wine and there they go thump thump jump thump  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]