Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Olive & Bee  (Read 1211 times)

Minusminnie

Olive & Bee
« on: September 22, 2022, 08:57:31 AM »

I went to use a tube of Olive and Bee this morning that i bought a while ago it has gone to a very golden liquid.  Has anyone got any tips please if it can be rescued ? or just use it in liquid form anyway ?
It has admittedly been sat in the bathroom cabinet over the hot summer as i switched back to Yes VM after initially trying it.  Just wanted to give it another go.
Thanks for any replies.

Nicodemus

Re: Olive & Bee
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 09:07:43 AM »

I don't use it myself but it might be that the olive oil has separated out. Is there any info or symbol on it about how long it keeps after opening? I would have thought that if you are within that timeframe it would be ok to use.

The faq here says to give it a shake (under the "what if it becomes runny" question)
https://www.oliveandbee.com.au/faq/

Minusminnie

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 09:25:28 AM »

Thanks Nicodemus that is handy.
I will try shaking it up or squeezing the tube with the cap on to see if it mixes up again.  Can't see anything on timeframes after opening. Think i bought it in May.
If that doesn't work rather than waste it i may end up oiling the wooden garden furniture with it and getting another tube !
Thanks.

Minusminnie

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 09:52:49 AM »

Shaking it for a while has worked a treat.  Thanks Nicodemus.

Nicodemus

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 10:59:43 AM »

You're welcome, glad it worked.

Lyncola

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 04:44:18 AM »

I’m Australian and use Olive and Bee, and yes I will start a tube and after a week just oil. So I use an old Body Shop face cream glass jar. Gave it a good clean with hot soapy water, let it have a good dry.
Then I squeezed my hole tube of Olive and Bee into it. I then get scissors cut the tube in half, you will be amazed of all the product still left inside.
I love using it from a jar as you can control the consistency more. And no wastage.
I did voice this concern with Olive and Bee, and they did say it can separate, and to stop that they would have to add more ingredients. Which stops it being as natural as just Olive oil and beeswax

Minusminnie

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 06:53:50 AM »

Thanks Lyncola i may try that as i don't like wastage either. 
Wonder why has noone thought of this product in this country ? UK.