Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie just started Evorel 50  (Read 686 times)

NicNac46

• First Flush
Newbie just started Evorel 50
« on: June 28, 2022, 12:10:15 PM »

Hi everyone!
I'm Nicola, 45 and recently been prescribed Evorel 50 for perimenopause (which I think I've been in probably around 18 months). Just a couple of questions! So for the first week or so (and I don't know if this is psychological) I felt AMAZING! I felt giddy and my fuzzy head completely went away! Yesterday and over the weekend I felt like I'd gone back to my irritable, tearful, anxious, fuzzy self! Could this indicate I need a higher dose? It felt like a huge dip and that in turn fed the anxiety that the patches won't work! I know it's really early days. Also, no word of a lie - I've put on 4lbs in 12 days!! This is coming from a person who's always been sceptical about 'excuses' for weight gain! Is this the norm and does it settle down or continue? I know there's been a huge issue with supply but has anyone else started on patches and moved to gel? Did you find improvements? I have loads of other questions and concerns but I don't want to overload on my first post! Many thanks 😊

NicNac46

• First Flush
Re: Newbie just started Evorel 50
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 12:12:22 PM »

As a little funny observation, you may notice my username as 46! I've only just noticed it myself! This is the age I thought I was yesterday when I registered 🤣🤣

Taz2

Re: Newbie just started Evorel 50
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 11:43:01 AM »

Hi NicNac46 - but really 45 ;D

Welcome to the forum. It can take up to three months before you know whether a type of HRT suits you so it is really early days. I would suggest you persevere for this amount of time and see how you feel then. Is it Evorel sequi you are on where you use one type of patches for two weeks then use the ones with added progesterone in? If so this should give you a monthly withdrawal bleed - usually within a few days of starting the new box - and for the first couple of months this may be more painful and heavier than you are used to. This, again, normally resolves by month three. Just to let you know that if it does happen it shouldn't be for ever!

I'm not sure about the patches being linked to weight gain. I'm on Evorel and blamed my slight weight increase on that for ages but then, when I had to stop for a while the weight stayed the same so I had to admit it wasn't that  ;D

I can't answer your question about gel as I have been on patches for the past fifteen years and have found them to be fine for me but I'm sure someone else will be along soon with their experiences.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Taz x