Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Mask wearing?  (Read 10758 times)

Sheri

Mask wearing?
« on: June 05, 2022, 09:18:45 AM »

How many of you still wear masks in shops etc?
I still wear mine & i live in Wales. I'm told cases are low now but trying to find info now is hard due to the "living with covid " strategy.
I'm wondering now if its time to leave off the masks unless shops are very, very busy.

Taz2

Re: Mask wearing?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 09:49:25 AM »

I'm in the south of England and in my local area not many wear masks in shops so I don't either. The only exception was when I'd been to a big social event and hadn't had time to test afterwards so wore one to the supermarket the next day to protect others from any possible infection. I still need to wear one to visit my friend in her care home but we no longer have to test which is a great bonus!

Are you worried that you might pass it on to others?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »

We continue to wear ours.  People we know who have stopped have caught all kinds of bugs, probably because the resistance is low due to being covered up. What I hate is when shoppers reach across to a shelf - when they aren't wearing a mask.  I kicked out at a very large man last week, "It is necessary to invade my personal space?"  He continued to reach .......

I try to co-ordinate my masks to my T-shirs ;-).

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 10:12:19 AM »

Don't wear mine now either,we've done all we can now to protect ourselves,I personally don't mind those who still wear them,it's perfectly ok, I just wonder though if you continue to wear one,does your immune system weaken,so that a simple cold will floor you?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 10:44:18 AM »

I live in the south and you still see a few people in them at the supermarket. I no longer wear one but do keep a few in my handbag as local independant chemist ask you to use one.
I have a teen and a 20 year old who still live with me so more likely to pick something up from them as they venture all over the place.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 10:50:25 AM »

We continue to wear ours.  People we know who have stopped have caught all kinds of bugs, probably because the resistance is low due to being covered up.

Does this mean you will always wear one then as the way to strengthen your immune system is to be in contact with all types of bugs and surely eventually you would like your immunity to be strong?  :-\

ATB

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 11:33:17 AM »

I don’t wear one ever now, I have horrible claustrophobia so I couldn’t go out much at all during covid because I couldn’t take the judgey eyes even though I had a valid reason. I can handle them for short bursts. There is no use wearing then now IMO, that’s what vaccines were for. Our immunity needs to get stronger and exposing ourselves to germs is a good thing unless there is a clinical reason not to. Daughter works at a busy theme park no staff or customers in masks so no point me wearing one!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 11:40:20 AM »

Taz - in small places, yes or where we are likely to be in close contact from others  - for a while. Especially in small shops.  To make my point ;-) :which is, 'don't invade my personal space'.    I've always objected to people 'getting in my way'  ;)

Being masked has saved Lives, by stopping bugs infiltrating - there have been few D&V admissions to UK Hospitals during mask wearing.  Is there any information that states the immune system is compromised by wearing masks?  DH caught a gut infection in Feb. - his club members had stopped wearing masks and they all (20) of them, went down with something in the following 5 weeks  ::).

Interesting that many sports organisations are no longer wearing masks; some in the MotoGP Paddock continue with them.  I don't think that there have been any infected in recent weeks. 

C.C.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 07:58:38 PM »

We still mask up here, when we go shopping especially.  I still wear one at work having to work with kids, they are germ factories after all :o.  I'm the only staff that still wears one, and only and a handful of kids are wearing one.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 08:58:01 AM »

U can't even say that you are starting a trend C.C.  ::).

C.C.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2022, 12:12:07 PM »

That's true.  The school teachers are masked, at least most of them are. There is no more social distancing and hand washing isn't monitored near as much as before.  Now kids are absent sick with flu and colds  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2022, 03:43:01 PM »

i haven’t worn a mask since we were told we didn’t have to and that was many months ago.

I know there was a lot of talk about whether they were any good and I honestly don’t believe they are.
I have many friends who have continued to wear them obsessively and still caught covid.  A good friends husband has got up at 5 am all through the pandemic to go and do the weekly shop at 6am when the supermarket is very quiet wearing his mask of course and they both got it recently.

My aunt in Scotland got it and she has been like a prisoner in her own home since the start of the pandemic.

I still see people in filthy homemade masks and I still see people driving around in cars by themselves wearing masks and still wonder what goes on in their heads.  >:(

I hear it’s now so mild that I can’t be worrying about it.

Marchlove

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 03:47:35 PM »

I completely agree Pennyfarthing.
I see people wearing them in the car when they’re on their own!! X

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 04:08:03 PM »

The reason we wear them in a car is to keep the glasses from misting up  ;D

The death rate in Portugal continues to rise  :'(, our Press hasn't picked that up have they!

One doesn't know what others are doing regarding masks, i.e. those who 'wear them all the while'.  MayB they have not been washing their hands?  It's in the air in the main as all viruses are.  When I grab a trolley I wonder if the virus is on the handles  >:(

getting_old

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2022, 05:11:24 PM »

Each to their own. We don't know their reasons so why criticise, unless you're worried they're criticising you for not wearing one?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9