Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to HRT  (Read 1343 times)

Amerififer

New to HRT
« on: June 04, 2022, 10:37:55 AM »

Hiya all. I'm new to the forum and to HRT.
I've just been started on everol conti patches and vagifem cream/gel.
Stated to have major issues at work with brain fog,exhaustion, forgetfulness,low mood ,increased difficulty sleeping. After ruling out other issues with blood tests. GP feels it's menopause and suggested that I give HRT a trial for 3 months to see how it goes. Seems like a very supportive and informative place.

Taz2

Re: New to HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 11:09:20 AM »

Hi Amerififer. Sounds like your GP is a good one. Yes, lots of support and understanding on here

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Amerififer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 11:23:00 AM »

Hi Amerififer. Sounds like your GP is a good one. Yes, lots of support and understanding on here

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Ta much Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 12:04:12 PM »

:welcomemm:
Glad your gp is clued up, it makes a refreshing change.

Amerififer

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 01:14:45 PM »

Yep greatful for having clued up GPs who are willing to let me trial it. Fingers crossed it helps me. Feel totally not myself recently. So even if it helps with most of my issues I'd be greatful. 
PS So would my colleagues.🤪

Milly1974

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 07:34:50 PM »

Hi,im also new to HRT, I have the everol patches and also progesterone to take 14 days after putting my first patch on, am I right in thinking I take it for 12 days then have 16 off? Then start it again 14 days later? The G.P gave me loads of information all at once I don't feel like I absorbed it all. Any response would be very grateful 😊

Amerififer

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 09:24:59 PM »

Hi,im also new to HRT, I have the everol patches and also progesterone to take 14 days after putting my first patch on, am I right in thinking I take it for 12 days then have 16 off? Then start it again 14 days later? The G.P gave me loads of information all at once I don't feel like I absorbed it all. Any response would be very grateful 😊

Hiya
So much info out there eh? I can't  help with your query as I'm on everol conti patches( combined therapy) ..it gets changed twice a week ..continuously .  Just put on my second patch today.. Also on vagifem which was out of stock until tomorrow.. as well as the rest of the script for the patches. Hopefully someone can answer your query tho.. and welcome to the HRT club :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 07:04:43 AM »

Hi Milly. Yes you take it from day 15 to day 26 inclusive and you should have what's known as a withdrawal bleed during the break. Then the cycle starts again with the first patch of the new box  counting as day one. The patches are used continuously.

You may like to introduce yourself under new members so that more can welcome you as sometimes posts get missed.

Taz.  :welcomemm:

Milly1974

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 07:59:48 AM »

Thank you so much for this information, it has helped a lot, I'm new to this forum and hrt so just getting my head around it all.
I will introduce myself as a new member later when I have more time. 😊

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 08:39:53 AM »

Things will be much better now you've found us. Any questions just ask away. There's usually someone around to respond   :)

AndreaH thats me

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2022, 11:24:28 PM »

Hi all, I'm Andrea and new here. I've been taking Premique for 16 days and I've been heavy heavy bleeding for 15 days!! Is this normal? I can't bear it. I feel like enormous. Like I have put a stone on in a week...its unreal. My clothes dont fit me...I know ot probably sounds dramatic but it's true. I feel awful. I am away next week with family...hit tub etc and no way can I go in it if I am like this. So I've stopped the tablets today
..hope it's OK to do so. I've not ehng drs as it's a waste of time! My hot sweats were going crazy too...what is it all about, I thought the tablets would help!!!

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 10:45:01 AM »

For any brand of hrt there will be a few people who can't tolerate it. You should ask for something different.

Crone

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 06:29:52 AM »

Hiya all. I'm new to the forum and to HRT.
I've just been started on everol conti patches and vagifem cream/gel.
Stated to have major issues at work with brain fog,exhaustion, forgetfulness,low mood ,increased difficulty sleeping. After ruling out other issues with blood tests. GP feels it's menopause and suggested that I give HRT a trial for 3 months to see how it goes. Seems like a very supportive and informative place.

Welcome 👋 I'm on Evorel Conti patches too  A few weeks in.