Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Lower back pain  (Read 1406 times)

Vicky81

Lower back pain
« on: May 29, 2022, 07:13:00 AM »

Hello all

Has anyone experienced lower back pain while on everol 75?,
I decided to go up from yesterday afternoon (unsure if this was right thing to do), but I've woke up in bed with quite bad lower back ache.
I had this last time I went up plus fatigue.
A friend of mine on here told me she had this and it did go.....but wondered about others views too?, xxxx

Sheri

Re: Lower back pain
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 07:24:52 AM »

I'm on everol sequi 50 & on the second week of taking it, i experienced back pain. Not unsimiliar to sciatica. I was given advice on here to change the area, i put my patch & moved it from my buttock to my thigh & it has gone.
I do have a lower ache still but think its more to do with an impending period as I'm coming to my last conti patch.
I can see your having trouble finding the right dose for you & hope you get relief soon.
I've had a few bad days in conti - anxiety, sore boobs, back ache etc & insomnia but I'm willing to stick with this particular HRT & dose for at least 3 mths to see if it is helpful or not.
Good luck.

Sazzle42115

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 07:25:40 AM »

Hi Vicky
Just checking in and hope that you do get some respite I know it's hard but the body will not like all this chopping and changing of doses. I've done it with antidepressants and HRT and it's not pleasant. Try and stick to one regime for a reasonable amount of time. Also it's really easy to focus on every ache and pain when you feel rubbish.....try and take your mind off it. Keep busy or just relax hard;I know. Xxxxx

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 07:45:15 AM »

Thank you both so much.

Sheri...good idea....I will move patch now to my thigh see how that works out.

Sazzle- I see that you are also struggling....what AD are you on? And HRT?, have you found any improvement with anything?, lots if love xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2022, 08:12:40 AM »

Hi Vicky81

Sorry to hear about your back pain,
What do you take as the progestogen part of HRT, if you take it?
The position of your patch will have no effect though....
Hope you feel better soon

Hurdity x

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2022, 08:18:27 AM »

Hi hurdity....I take provera 5mg. Every 10 nights from 1st of month xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2022, 08:25:29 AM »

So the back pain is not related to the cycle of provera then, looking at the date now?

Also are you still peri-menopausal and if so could it be your own cycle kicking in? I get lower back pain sometimes when on the prog part of the cycle and before/during the bleed. I also got it most notably when I stopped HRT for 3 months, and my oestrogen had declined and it resolved once I went back on HRT.

Hurdity x

Sazzle42115

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2022, 08:35:31 AM »

I've just had hormone implant which is extreme but I was desparate. I started sertraline last summer but couldn't tolerate it so went on Mirtazphine worst decision of my life not joking...I did sleep but mood was so low totally blunted like a zombie although I'm not much better now. I have experienced terrible withdrawal from a small dose only on 15 mg for 5 months max. Stopped cold turkey at 4mg. GP gave me Citalopram 10mg for 3 weeks but also affected me terribly. I have something called tardive akaskia which is terrifying. I also have extreme instrusive thoughts which are unbearable. I've been really unlucky as wasn't absorbing HRT. Think the Gilbert's Syndrome which DRS say doesn't really have health impact has affected how I process medication HRT included. I am trying to find a private psychiatrist to see if I can unpick this mess. It's absolutely horrendous. Can't actually believe this is happening xxx

Sheri

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2022, 08:45:04 AM »

Sazzle42115, i also have intrusive thoughts that are sometimes so bad, i think is it worth living in this nightmare?
I have been seeing this amazing psychologist who finally got me to stop engaging in my thoughts. It is very hard to not engage with them as they're very powerful & consuming.
I just tell myself,  i am NOT my thoughts. My thoughts are not my truths. I don't try to stop them as you just can't. The more you try, the harder it is. So i allow the thoughts but then I'll do something like sing, or get outside. I also have mild OCD connected to my thoughts & I've stopped checking & rechecking as it becomes a continuous cycle.

Sazzle42115

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2022, 08:49:31 AM »

Sheri are yours from the meds...I actually do not feel like I can live like this

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2022, 10:07:35 AM »

Hurdity- no not related to the progesterone as I haven't started it yet ...1st June. Yes I'm peri still. So you say you got the lower back pain when your oestrogen decreased?

Sazzle- aww my word yiu are going through it hun! So sorry to hear yiu are suffering like this. You could change AD to an SNRI?, I'm starting duloxetine soon as its meant to be the next best up if SSRI don't seem to work. Keep me posted xx

Sheri

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »

No not from meds, think that would be easier to deal with. Mine is from suffering since birth from severe life shorteninh illnesses & a traumatic child experience. I don't take sny AD & only recently started HRT.
I prefer to use CBT & alot of therapy.
Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2022, 12:07:10 PM »

Aahh ok. Stay in touch hun xxx

Minicat

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024, 11:43:47 AM »

Sorry about your back pain. I've had something like that happen when changing my dose, too. My back pain and tiredness showed up when I increased my meds, but they went away after a few days once my body got used to it. Try to relax, drink plenty of water, and do some gentle stretches if you can. If the pain keeps going or gets worse, talk to your doctor for help. For instance, I was forced to get help from upper gage physio. But let's hope you can solve this problem without the help of a doctor.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:31:08 PM by Minicat »