Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New and feeling a bit alone  (Read 686 times)

Dani

• First Flush
New and feeling a bit alone
« on: May 26, 2022, 11:06:20 AM »

Hi, I've just started HRT and hoping to find some support from people in the same boat. I'm 42 and had a hysterectomy and endometriosis excision almost a year ago. I did keep my ovaries but it would appear they aren't very happy and I've been having peri symptoms pretty much ever since. My GP was lovely and started me on Evorel 50 and continuous Utrogestan last week. Being reasonably young and working with a group of much younger girls I have no one to really talk to (no relationship with my Mum either sadly).

I would love to hear any advice from anyone who is taking HRT after having endometriosis. Also regarding the Utrogestan, I see some people are taking it vaginally to avoid side effects. Is this still an option if I have no uterus/cervix or would it not be absorbed properly?

Thanks and hoping you are all doing ok. x

Flossieteacake

Re: New and feeling a bit alone
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 11:21:02 AM »

Hello Dani. I have no advice but just wanted to welcome you and say you are not alone on here.  :)

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 12:41:40 PM »

Hi there, are you having to take utrogestan because you were told there is some endometriosis left inside? I only ask because usually after a hysterectomy you don't need to take any progesterone.

Dani

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 01:11:53 PM »

Hi Gnatty, My surgeon was confident that she removed all the endo but it was very extensive and deep infiltrating so she recommended that if I was ever to take oestrogen, then I should take progesterone alongside it just to make sure.

Thanks for the welcome Flossieteacake.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 07:53:52 PM »

Not alone any more  :foryou: we talk about everything, including menopause  ;). Browse round.  Join in .