Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Losing my mind !  (Read 1548 times)

Sezbass75

• First Flush
Losing my mind !
« on: May 11, 2022, 02:44:37 PM »

Hi all, just literally signed up this afternoon.
I am lying on the sofa with a headache and what can only be described as a head full of cotton wool and thoughts just going crazy but I can't understand or hear what they are.
I left work crying down the phone  today to my boss muttering through sobs that I can't cope and just can't think or do my job, WHY??? I'm losing my mind!
I'm on patches and for awhile all okay but this is new. Can anyone help?

Flossieteacake

Re: Losing my mind !
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 03:29:49 PM »

Hello sezbass and welcome to the forum. You are not alone on here and you will find lots of support. Could you say a bit more about which HRT you are taking and for how long? Sometimes HRT just needs a tweak so please do not despair. I am sure there will be options for you. I get the brain fog and fuzzy head feeling. All I can do is try to lie down to rest my thoughts. I am sorry you are going through this.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 05:22:38 PM »

Hi there and welcome to the forum,so sorry,you're feeling so bad,you're definitely not alone here.Like flossieteacake says,maybe your hrt is needing altered,the further along the meno road we go,our  oestrogen gets less and less,so do speak to your Dr,hopefully your surgery has a meno savvy one

Sezbass75

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 10:26:24 PM »

Hi both.
Been on Evorel Sequi for about 6 months. Started great but last few weeks my anxiety and brain fog has gotten worse.
I run  2 departments of 32 people and my job is pressure and today just lost it! I can't function let alone lead and it so frustrating that i loose my train of thought halfway through a conversation.🙄
I spoke to my Dr today who suggested using 1.5 patches as I don't want tablet form. So due to change my patch tomorrow, will see how I get on.
Has anyone else been advised this?
My Dr does have a gynaecologist at surgery,  so if no good will have to go back.
This forum is great just to know your not alone and not going mad!
Thanks again and big hugs to all! 🤗❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 07:49:11 AM »

Hi both.
Been on Evorel Sequi for about 6 months. Started great but last few weeks my anxiety and brain fog has gotten worse.
I run  2 departments of 32 people and my job is pressure and today just lost it! I can't function let alone lead and it so frustrating that i loose my train of thought halfway through a conversation.🙄
I spoke to my Dr today who suggested using 1.5 patches as I don't want tablet form. So due to change my patch tomorrow, will see how I get on.
Has anyone else been advised this?
My Dr does have a gynaecologist at surgery,  so if no good will have to go back.
This forum is great just to know your not alone and not going mad!
Thanks again and big hugs to all! 🤗❤️

I am pleased your DR has suggested a change in the dose for you. I hope it helps. Just bare in mind it can take time for it to work so try not to worry if you do not feel any different at first.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 08:04:11 AM »

Do ring your boss this. morning, explain what is happening and ask if there is a menopause lead in the Company, someone who is taking an interest in peri-and menopause.  This would benefit the Company over all.

...... and breath.  Brain fog is common.  As is anxiety, depression and feelings of 'cant' cope'.  R U able to delegate at all with your Groups?  R they all men/women or mixed?

How R your periods, they can over ride HRT.

Let us know how you get on.

Sezbass75

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 10:49:48 PM »

My boss is empathetic and a women who is going through it herself, however she seems to have swerved the brain fog and is super driven. The majority of my team our female and  no we do not have a lead for peri or meno and the conversation needs to start somewhere, so yes it needs to be put on the agenda as more women are coming into my sector.

My periods go from 21 days upto 50 days so still early  stages, I've been like this for about 3 years now. The HRT has helped until about 2 weeks ago as the brain fog, anxiety, mood swings all came back with a vengeance, so hoping the extra half patch will help!

Are you saying that periods stop the effectiveness of HRT?