Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT or Antidepressants causing problems  (Read 865 times)

Marybeth

• First Flush
HRT or Antidepressants causing problems
« on: March 16, 2022, 09:08:06 AM »

Hi I’m new to the forum and on month 3 of HRT (Evorel sequi) and right from patch 1 woke up with a severely dry mouth which makes sleeping hard and hasn’t gone away. On speaking to my GP they said it was fluoxetine not the hrt, (that I was put on one month before I insisted on hrt!) Then I was told to double the dose from 20 to 40mg. I do feel better but I have bad headaches and the dry mouth, throat and lips is unbearable. I’m also still on cerazette too so I’m confused as to what is causing it.
I’m also getting lots of restless legs which is uncomfortable.
I’ve decided to drop to 20mg of fluoxetine in the last week or so and this morning I’ve removed my hrt patch as I’m so fed up with it and want to see what happens when the patch is off. Ironically I was starting to feel better but the dry mouth is making me feel panicky.
I was thinking of asking for an alternative hrt like the gel or maybe for a different antidepressant?? Feeling a bit lost with it all and just desperately want to feel better.
Any ideas from you ladies? What would you do in my situation?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT or Antidepressants causing problems
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 09:13:09 AM »

Morning.  You have had replies in your thread which is similar to this ........ if you keep changing from threads you are likely to miss any hints and help ;-)

I'll copy and post so that I can answer in your original thread.

Marybeth

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 09:21:24 AM »

I only realised this morning I had posted in the wrong place, I posted in the  ‘post menopause’ forum section  (which I’m not), with being new here it’s taking me a little while to navigate it. :)) so I’ll delete my original post as it’s not specifically related to post menopause. My bad, sorry.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:27:18 AM by Marybeth »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »

Not a problem. I don't think that you can delete your first thread.  Have a lookC to see the responses ?

Marybeth

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 09:31:41 AM »

I did read and was thankful of the responses given but hoping if I post the question on the correct forum it will be better and more relatable to my problems.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 11:11:21 AM »

Stick to the other thread  :-\