Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Alternatives and anti depressants instead of HRT  (Read 2277 times)

Tjsinspain

• First Flush
Alternatives and anti depressants instead of HRT
« on: March 09, 2022, 08:20:55 PM »

Hello again looking for advise please, if any one can help, b4 taking HRT almost 3 years ago I tried what I thought was everything to help with the bad symptoms, but nothing seemed to help, so I went on patches and then the gel and tablets for a while when the patches were out of stock, it has helped very well too.with nearly all of the symptoms apart from low mood, and very bad health anxiety, the reason for wanting to try and come off the HRT is because I have breast implants, that atm I am not in the position to have removed, so having them and the slight extra risk of breast cancer is worrying me far to much. Friday I started to reduce the dose by cutting the patch in half and started bleeding which I was almost sure I would. So please has anyone used alternatives that have worked and anti depressant’s Would love to hear if you have please, thank you.

Flossieteacake

Re: Alternatives and anti depressants instead of HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 09:05:45 PM »

From what I understand, if a persons low mood is hormonal then an antidepressant is unlikely to help. However  I think an antidepressant is worth trying if you feel low. If you feel anxiety then an anxiety medication may be better.

I can understand your concerns. I remember you saying you will see a menopause Dr when you visit the UK. I hope you can just to discuss your concerns. They may be able to find a HRT that suits you. If that cannot be done then at least you will know for sure.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Alternatives and anti depressants instead of HRT
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 09:52:59 PM »

Alternatives in what way?  'natural' products may not be good for us i.e. digitalise  ;)

Sometimes anti-depressants are required as well as HRT.  When R U due to get to the UK and did U manage to get an appt. organised?