Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ectopic Heartbeat Experiences  (Read 3504 times)

KaraShannon

Ectopic Heartbeat Experiences
« on: February 27, 2022, 07:05:18 PM »

Bad day for them today.  Twice I was worried about them.  One getting out of the car to tap in the number for the car wash.  Got back in and heart doing somersaults.  So the car wash was a bit of a panic, although they settled within seconds

Then later, turned a corner in the house to ask someone something and I felt like my heart would stop.  It instantly recovered.

As well as this I get terrible dizziness on standing while using last progesterone patch.  Then it eases off when the oestrogen starts.  I've always had that but lately it's at the point where I have to stand up and wait before walking.  Only lasts a couple of days a month , but I know ectopic are less worrying if no blackouts and I'm scared that I'm close to those, even though I never have (but lately have been thinking I could if I push it when I've just stood up).

Anyone else care to share their experiences? 

My echocardiogram was normal about 3 years ago.  Due to personal reasons I'm anxious about requesting to see a cardiologist again

Songbird

Re: Ectopic Heartbeat Experiences
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 07:23:53 PM »

Hi KaraShannon
I can relate to the “ectopic heartbeats” scenario.  A cardiologist diagnosed me with benign ectopic heartbeats back in 2008 (essentially, for me, it’s a regular heartbeat with wee additional ones popping in here and there)  :o
At the moment, I am not taking systemic HRT (this may change soon) so I can’t comment on how this will affect the frequency.  For me, if my anxiety ramps up, it’s guaranteed that I’ll be very aware of the ectopic beats. A feeling of wooziness will come over me when standing up etc. It’s all anxiety-related for me. Right now, an AD is completely controlling my anxiety so I’m not aware of it happening now.
Sending you  :bighug:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 07:26:10 PM by Songbird »

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 08:39:00 PM »

Thanks Songbird

They are a pain aren't they!  Mine are linked to points in my cycle and I do get anxious about them but they seem to be primary.  In my case HRT helped for the last 2 years, not so much now so I think it's time for a change.  I wonder if they are extreme oestrogen deficiency because they happen just before I re start the oestrogen patches each month (though the progesterone  ones still contain oestrogen) .....I think I it's something to do with the luteal phase but will have to check again  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 04:14:28 PM »

re ectopic heartbeats - do you drink any caffeine? These can cause and exacerbate them. I got them in pregnancy and switched to decaff coffee but have also had them intermittently since then - just recently they were getting bad again. I have more or less given up caffeine now ( except for 2 small cups of tea in the morning) and the've pretty much gone. I've been on HRT for years.

Hurdity x

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 12:05:39 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, yes I drink only decaf.  I'm pretty sure they are hormonal because for 2 years using the hrt they were hardly happening at all.  But now I'm on my third year with it and I'm having issues again.

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 07:08:39 AM »

I get them all the time, had ECG and all was well. I get them after eating certain foods sometime, usually sugary so stopped that. Its normal to have them but sometimes the worry of them causes anxiety, then anxiety causes them and you go round and round in a vicious circle.

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 08:55:56 AM »

It's adrenally triggered in my experience. With cortisol being pumped out due to a "threat" whether nutritional, situational etc, the fluctuating or depleted hormones in menopause are thrown into reactivity. Always worth seeking peace of mind, though! 👍

Dierdre

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 05:42:23 PM »

I agree with Postmeno3, once youve had them check and had the all clear you wont even notice them so much.  Maybe check blood pressure too, might be low and causing dizziness etc when standing. I used to suffer with that, don't have enough salt in my diet.