Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Post Menopause HRT  (Read 928 times)

Halls1973

• First Flush
Post Menopause HRT
« on: February 25, 2022, 07:03:19 PM »

Hello ladies looking for help…after an unexpected bleed after 17 months with no period my gynaecologist advised to start HRT. I have been on 100mg of Utrogestan continuously for 20 days & also low dose of vagirux now twice weekly. I feel awful. I’m experiencing very low mood, anxiety can’t focus at work, bloating & now breathlessness. The doctor has prescribed me with a low dose of anti depressants but I’m seriously thinking of stopping. I have never taken HRT until now. Has anyone else who is post menopause experienced this? I’m 49….. :'(

Perinowpost

Re: Post Menopause HRT
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 07:24:14 PM »

Hi Halls1973 have you been given oestrogen (the feel good hormone), as well as progesterone? If not it’s no wonder you’re not feeling good. Don’t take the anti depressants, you need your hormones balancing x

Halls1973

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 09:27:29 PM »

Hi….yes the vagirux is my oestrogen, I took that for 14 days continuously & now down to 2 days per week….I had no HRT until I had my hysteroscopy & was advised to take the oestrogen by pessary afterwards x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 09:54:07 PM »

Varirux is for vaginal atrophy not for other meno symptoms. It's a low dose that doesn't get much further than 'down there'. You need systemic oestrogen for other meno symptoms (patch, gel, pill or spray). If you only want the VA treatment there is no need to take utro. If you want to treat the other symptoms you need oestrogen. I agree with the above, better to rectify your oestrogen deficiency rather than take ads.

Halls1973

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 10:43:59 PM »

Thank you both so much all makes sense now…..thank goodness for this forum! Spoke with 2 separate doctors & they never mentioned any other form of oestrogen.  :-\ I think it will be another call to the doctor!……thanks again x