Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Relying upon electricity  (Read 1324 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Relying upon electricity
« on: February 04, 2022, 09:29:40 AM »

Now the government of the day have decided that having pushed the public towards buying electric cars, that the way vehicles are taxed needs to be altered.  Which was obvious: users of fuel pay tax - those buying electric vehicles won't be doing so.  Yet.  So the proviso that buying electric vehicles will be cheaper  :-\ :-\ >:(

Relying on one fuel source is dangerous.  The national press avoided reporting on a couple found with hypothermia last year because they have a ground sourced heat pump fired by electricity.  Everything they own ........... even their land line due to severe gales at that time. 

Be careful what U wish for?

I will avoid buying an electric vehicle at all costs.  I was told that diesel was absolutely fine .......... eventually I suppose that we will be priced out of gas heating but what next? Without a Grant to alter because the government insists!  back to the coal fire and hot water bottles ????

sheila99

Re: Relying upon electricity
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 10:22:07 AM »

Coal? They've already changed it so can't buy coal in sealed bags. It's being banned altogether from April 2023.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Relying upon electricity
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 01:33:25 PM »

Better begin stock piling the stuff then  ;D 'cos sure as day follows night for most of us, electricity isn't the most reliable form of heating!