Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Routine Mammogram Anxiety  (Read 3074 times)

Yecart 777

Routine Mammogram Anxiety
« on: February 01, 2022, 06:58:52 PM »

Hi All
I have terrible anxiety , I went for my routine screening mammogram , it will be 3 weeks on Thursday that I would have had it done, the radiographer said it would take around 3 weeks, but I am getting so stressed, my longest wait was 16 days and my shortest was only 8 days. Has anyone recently had a mammogram that has took longer due to the present circumstances?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Routine Mammogram Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:14:48 PM »

I was told 2- 3 weeks wait when I attended last week.  There is probably a lack of staff to read the films due to C-19.  Anything suspect would have been flagged up at the appt.  If you haven't heard by Monday, perhaps ring to see if it's been looked at?

Woolly

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 07:56:36 AM »

Yes, I was told at mine that it could take a few weeks due to staff shortages because of covid. Also, a lot of follow up appointments after a mammogram turn out to be things like cysts (I've had loads) which are easily treated, so don't panic if you do need to be seen again. 💕

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 09:51:53 AM »

My result came back within a week.

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 09:59:41 AM »

I have been recalled twice after routine mammograms, but heard very quickly. The last time was last year. When there was nothing to be concerned about, it took much longer to get my results. Infection rates are high, so many people are either ill or isolating, so no doubt this impacts how quickly they can let you know. But remember you will be prioritised if there is anything on the X-ray that needs another look. And even then, very few people recalled have cancer. They are cautious.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 12:39:50 PM »

My cancer wasn't seen on mammogram  ::).  The radiographer, consultant and me stared at my X-ryas for ages and we couldn't see what I had felt.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 06:19:06 PM »

Nor was my sisters, even though it found by the doctor. X-rays are much better now. Better definition. My sister had breast cancer in the 90s.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 02:10:15 PM »

Did U get a result yet?