Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Struggling with perimenopause  (Read 7362 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Struggling with perimenopause
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2022, 08:54:31 AM »

I am so glad I found this forum. It has helped a lot with my anxiety just knowing that there are other ladies out there with the same symptoms as me. Before, I felt so alone and like I had some terrible illness and was always thinking the worst of my symptoms.

We all know that menopause will come to us, but I for one knew nothing about some of the symptoms that could occur and felt like it was only me that had these things. I would be spending hours googling and obsessing over certain things, but now I know I can come on here and get the help and support that we all need.

Flossieteacake, I watched the playback of the This Morning section on Menopause and found it really helpful, thank you so much for pointing that out to me. I feel so much better now about what I want to get out of my GP appointment tomorrow xx

I am so happy to hear watching the video has made you feel better. I know what you mean about feeling alone going through this. I had not even heard of perimenopause and knew nothing about the symptoms I have. I thought I had a terminal illness. I wish you lots of luck with your appointment today.

Lyncola

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2022, 08:55:02 AM »

Sadly I’m not on HRT, if I could I would, but my doctor won’t allow me to. She was writing up the script when I mentioned that my ovaries are still giving me problems (that was two years ago).
When I had my hysterectomy they kept my ovaries, which is stupid as it was the main reason I was there as well as endometriosis. They said if they remove my ovaries I would go into instant menopause, I went into menopause four months later away.
Not long after my operation my ovaries started bothering me again, and I had 10 internal ultrasounds since then. My ovaries don’t bother me as much as it use to. But for the last year my right ovary has abnormal cyst on it. My doctor did blood test is happy it’s not cancer, and because I’m not in much pain she keeping an eye on me which means more internal ultrasounds in the future.
I told my husband if they got to do another ovarian cyst operation they can take the bloody things out.

All the best for your doctor appointment Curlygirl  :)

Cara999

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2022, 12:28:17 PM »

Curlygirl I was the same thinking I had something really wrong with me. This forum is so comforting to know we are not alone and here to help each other xxx

joewillsmom

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2022, 02:19:11 PM »

Hi Curlygirl,

Wow, you could have been describing me! I actually went to A&E (back in the pre-Covid days) because I was convinced I was dying....the ladies on here were incredibly helpful and just knowing I wasn't alone was such a relief. I was anxious, nauseous, bleeding daily and convinced I wouldn't see my kids grow up. I was peri, at 38. Please don't feel alone, you will get lots of support on here, the ladies are so knowledgeable! You take care, always here, Jackie x

Curlygirl

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2022, 02:34:27 PM »

Joewillsmom, Thank you.

It’s such a relief to know there are others out there feeling the same way. I’m having a particularly anxious day today, but trying to keep myself busy xx

joewillsmom

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 09:51:47 PM »

Evening lovely,

Good luck at the GP's tomorrow. I watched Davina McCall's programme on menopause today and it was brilliant, really worth a watch. My anxiety, especially health anxiety was the worst part, I'm on HRT (watch Davina, really helpful info)....I'm also on low dose Citalopram for anxiety which helped me massively, I felt 'normal' again. Don't feel alone, you're not, we are all here. I'm 52 too this year and started this journey at 38, I promise things will be better. Sending a massive hug. xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2022, 05:47:12 AM »

Jowillsmom, morning lovely lady.

Oh yes, I forgot that Davina did a program on Menopause. Never seen it so will take a look.

Thank you so much for your support and all the other ladies on here. It really does help doesn’t it.

Let’s see how my appointment goes later on this morning xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2022, 10:56:36 AM »

Just come back from doctors. Have been offered Oestrogel or Oestrogen patch and Utrogestran.

Have to have a blood test on Tues next week to test, iron levels, thyroid etc and she’s given me a week to think about whether to go with the HRT or not.

Would be grateful for your thoughts ladies please xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2022, 11:48:39 AM »

Hello, I was wondering how your appointment went. I think your GP sounds good as they know you need both oestrogen and utrogestran. This is a common combination and I really hope you find it helpful.

Curlygirl

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2022, 11:52:07 AM »

Flossieteacake, I will let you know how I get on with it. Will be another week yet before I get my prescription for it. Really do hope it helps xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2022, 12:00:29 PM »

Just bare in mind that it can take time for your body to get used to it. If you feel any side effects then do not panic as they should pass. I will be thinking of you.

VanillaLover

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2022, 12:36:45 PM »

Sounds like you have a sensible GP. Hope you get some relief from the HRT when you start.

VanillaLover

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2022, 12:43:30 PM »

Also I wanted to say that if the anxiety is very bad for you then CBT is very good, especially for health anxiety. I have found it very useful. It doesn’t stop the anxiety happening in itself of course, but it can help you to deal better with it and not go down that big spiral of worry. I self referred on the county council website and have sessions over zoom. There will be big waiting lists at the moment of course but might be worth getting yourself on the list now anyway…if the HRT works and you don’t need it after all you just take yourself off the list. Something to think about anyway

Curlygirl

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »

Flossieteacake thank you for the advice and support you have given me. Means a lot. I will bear that in mind xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2022, 12:47:30 PM »

VanillaLover, thank you for that. That’s a really good idea. I will look into that too xx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6