Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mouth issues- venlafaxine? Anxiety? Stress ?  (Read 1024 times)

Dane34

Mouth issues- venlafaxine? Anxiety? Stress ?
« on: November 11, 2021, 03:49:13 PM »

I’ve had mouth issues since I was out on venlafaxine some 9/10 yrs ago
Usually a sore tongue

These last say 5 years the only thing changed is upped to 225mg venlafaxine

More recently this say last year I’ve been getting teeth aching. Not just the odd one most off them.
These past few mths it’s been teeth aching and sore gums, it just seems to come on randomly
I’m sick of thinking am I stressed ?
Do I feel anxious ?

Please don’t suggest dentist
I’ve been lots of times, even bought teeth  shield in case I grind my teeth. Which I really don’t think I do

I’ve been to dental hospital to tmj clinic
Only thing suggested was mouth guard and amitriptyline which I declined as I’m already on venlafaxine and I feel that’s bad enough !
I hate messing around with psych drugs
I wish I could get off them.

So know to my question
Do any of you ladies suffer with any kind of mouth issues regardless off what you think is the cause ??
Please tell me any symptoms you have ?

I surely can’t be the only one, I can’t switch off from the feelings I’m getting

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mouth issues- venlafaxine? Anxiety? Stress ?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 04:48:18 PM »

Well getting old is better than the alternative  ;).  Some mornings I wake feeling 90 ! by mid-morning I've lost a few years as long as anxiety doesn't strike.

It us unlikely to be the venlafaxine.  However, I had to change my toothpaste due to burning mouth syndrome - there are S Laural Sulphates in many products to make a froth, when I found a paste without, my mouth felt better.  I still need to be careful of chocolate, bananas, cheese .......... Also when I brush too hard my mouth feels sore for the whole day!

I never think of my antidepressant as a psych drug, what ever that means  :-\ ? psychotic?.  Without my regime I wouldn't be here. Initially I didn't want to take them but DH and I have a life together.

Dental appts. are important as they look round the mouth for signs of cancer.  Apparently during lockdown, because many were unable to access a dental clinic, cases have risen slightly. 

As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax, including the jaw line.  Teeth: as with bones : need something to 'act' against which keeps the bone in the jaw healthy.  As an aside I opted for 3 implants because they are drilled into the jaw line.  'falsies' would not fit as my oestrogen levels dropped which would most likely cause the other teeth to loosen and fall out  :o.

I get occasionally pains in the teeth, strangely yesterday evening it was 1 tooth at the bottom front.  OK again today  ::)