Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Celebs on Menopause - Body shape changes  (Read 3217 times)

Hinari hot flush

Celebs on Menopause - Body shape changes
« on: November 07, 2021, 11:15:41 AM »

Great to see celebrities using there platform to talk about menopause over the last few months but I was really happy to read Ruth Langsford talk about an issue I have difficulty with and have posted about before the changes to body shape and boobs. My weight has redistributed which has left my boobs huge but i am also bigger in general which I think is my metabolism.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10157167/Ruth-Langsford-admits-shes-accepted-body-menopause-boobs-bigger.html

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Celebs on Menopause - Body shape changes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 12:07:32 PM »

Hi - my apron dropped years ago.  Lack of oestrogen made the belly muscles lax ......... laying down it's fine, walking around I feel bigger and look fatter.

Gracie

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »

I'm waiting for the first celebrity to mention Virginal Atrophy.
I had never heard of this condition until just recently when I started to suffer from it at 72. I've probably had this condition for years but had no idea what it was until it got unbearable with resulting UTI's.

Yes, its good that celebrities are highlighting their menopausal symptoms, it will all help because there is so much ignorance of the subject.

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 02:45:05 PM »

Are there many postmenopausal "celebrities", though, especially those well into their 60s and 70s who have not had replacement therapy for a long time? Many of us in this age group were bullied off what we needed more than ever due to the misinformed "research" of the early 2000s. Some of us, and I include myself, may never have bodies capable of coping with such a radical re-introduction of what have become, agonisingly, foreign substances? I feel this is a huge topic with great scope for debate and exploration! 🤔

Beaker

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 02:49:43 PM »

Yes Postmeno3 - I suspect many celebrities simply paid out and went private and found somebody to prescribe HRT for them. 

Gracie - I laughed when I read your post.  I suspect we won't hear from many celebrities admitting to vaginal atrophy.  Plenty will be happy to mention their increased breast size I'm sure!

Gracie

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 03:02:41 PM »

I have to admit to never reading anything celebrities have to say, no wonder I live in ignorance of everything :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »

Me too ............ I avoid 'celebs' at all costs  ;D

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2022, 10:01:13 AM »

Yes Postmeno3 - I suspect many celebrities simply paid out and went private and found somebody to prescribe HRT for them. 

Gracie - I laughed when I read your post.  I suspect we won't hear from many celebrities admitting to vaginal atrophy.  Plenty will be happy to mention their increased breast size I'm sure!

Sorry just seen your reply. I am sure meg matthews and michelle heaton have discussed there vaginal atrophy as both have been pioneers of discussing going through tge menopause.

But I do agree the increase breast size is probably a topic more feel comfortable taking about as its been in the media  most  recently due to the actress Salma Hayek talking about her experiences on a podcast.

Although lets not forget many women dont want bigger boobs and suffer a lot of pain.

With kate middleton turning 40 wonder if she will talk about her menopause over the next decade

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 10:03:19 AM »

Another celeb ive noticed with a shape change which is probably due to menopause is martine croxall from bbc news.

Noticed a bit of a menopot under her desk

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2022, 01:58:55 PM »

Hello ladies.

The only celeb I have really noticed is Carol Vorderman.  Her figure is seriously pre meno so I assume that she is HRT'd up to her ears lol!

Take care everyone.

K.

Perinowpost

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 04:59:58 PM »

Yes Kathleen CV is on record re being a fan of hrt. Not about any other help though I suspect she’s had some x

Postmeno3

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 05:07:02 PM »

A LOT!!!!!! 😂

Gracie

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 10:49:54 PM »

I did a search and found an article by Meg Matthews discussing her menopause problems. Written in predictable celebrity rock and roll style as she talked about her raging sex life before the menopause and her gynaecologist mentioning to her “yes, flat  fannies are definitely a thing”, she must be on very close terms with her gynae!!

I really couldn’t read anymore and she has made a business selling products for menopausal women some of which are not recommended by doctors.
The life of the celebrity living in a whole new universe compared to the rest of us!

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2022, 10:50:00 AM »

Hi - my apron dropped years ago. 

;D you and "your" apron CLKD - it still makes me smile when you write this because it conjures up some very images!!! I think you are the only person I have ever heard/read use this word to describe their body lol

Hurdity x

Sooty

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 08:45:22 PM »

I vaguely recall CV talking about being under Marion Gluck who runs a private clinic issuing unregulated bio identical hrt
Pages: [1] 2