Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing hrt - Provera/patch experiences or any suggestions?  (Read 942 times)

CherryC

Changing hrt - Provera/patch experiences or any suggestions?
« on: October 28, 2021, 07:47:20 AM »

Morning,
I am postmenopausal (5 years) and currently on Evorel Conti but struggling with low mood, palpitations and nerve twitches.
I have tried 3 HRTs over the years (Estradot Patch/Utrogestan, Tibolone, Evorel Conti) but although good at controlling some symptoms, one issue or another has meant a change.
I am considering switching to patch (Evorel or Estradot) and Provera 5mg.
Can anyone tell me if they are on continuous Provera successfully or about any side effects and effect on mood?
Any help and recommendations would be gratefully received.
Not sure whether to try cutting a bit off the patch in the meantime?
Thank you.

CherrySG

Re: Changing hrt - Provera/patch experiences or any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 07:15:11 PM »

Hi Cherry, I was hoping someone with a wholly positive experience to tell you would come along befre me, but here goes...

I was on Provera and gel, sometimes estradiol patch - it was what I mostly used over the 18 months I was on HRT. Provera, in my experience, is kinder on the mood than Evorel Conti - had to rip that patch off after 3 days. So you may find it more tolerable. Utrogestan is a bit harder to take than Provera, but plenty of women are fine on it.

On the other hand, all HRT made me so low mood I had no choice but come off it, possibly the estradiol disagreed with me too. It's worth trying the Provera, I would say.

CherryC

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 07:42:03 AM »

Hi CherrySG, thanks very much for your reply and it's good to hear you feel Provera is worth a try.  I know you mention low mood (with all HRT), but could I ask if you had any other side effects with Provera eg how did you sleep, did it make you feel tired during the day etc.
Hopefully some others with experience will come along soon too.
Thanks.

CherrySG

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 08:06:07 AM »

Hi Cherry. Sorry for the late reply. I didn't really notice many side effects from Provera. A little constipation, perhaps but nothing compared to Utrogestan. I didn't even realise it was possible to get That constipated  :o I slept well on it.

Evorel Conti was horrible, although fine for the first two days. Then descent to hell!

Good luck if you do decide to try the Provera. It's very efficient at keeping the lining thin. Apparently not great for the bones, but hopefully the Oestrogel compensates for this.

CherryC

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 09:29:16 AM »

That's great to hear! Thank you very much for your replies, I will give it a try!