Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Health Anxiety - would you be worried about this?  (Read 1446 times)

JoannFran

Health Anxiety - would you be worried about this?
« on: October 12, 2021, 01:19:22 PM »

Hi lovely ladies. 

Just wanted to ask your opinions as my Health anxiety is out of control at the moment and I can't rationalise anything  ???

When I ended up in A & E the other week with high blood pressure and extreme pressure in my head/ears, they did a CT scan.  The DR said it was all normal and no sign of anything, even sinusitis.   I've now convinced myself that they've missed something as the head and ear pressure isn't letting up.  I've been back to the DR and there is no sign of infection except a slight bulging in one ear drum.  He's referred me to an ENT consultant.   But in the meantime I've now spiralled into the abyss of they just pretended to do the scan, or they missed something.  I woke again last night with pins and needles in my head and face  :-\. And still tingly around my face and mouth today. 

My DR did all the neurological exams (balance, strength etc) and all normal.

My CBT session can't come soon enough!  How likely is it that a CT scan would miss a brain tumour?

Please talk some reason into me  :o.   I'm sorry to keep posting questions. I have no where else to turn.  I think even my DR is fed up with me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Health Anxiety - would you be worried about this?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 03:31:10 PM »

:kick:   what's the worst that could happen?

Have your symptoms worsened in the last 24 hours?

U managed to have a good check up in these days of ZOOM appts. - were U supported during the investigations?

........ and breath.  As oestrogen levels drop off, muscles may become lax which includes those in the head, neck regions: as well as Eustachion Tubes getting narrower.  Now go look up that Very Long Word ..........  :D I may even had spelt it proper! 

Health Anxiety increases with peri menopause, I think we become aware of symptoms as well as tiring more easily.  The brain then gets going  >:(

getting_old

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 06:25:07 PM »

I have had a couple of CT scans and the reports from them have been extremely detailed. They have focused on the areas requested, but have also highlighted other stuff too.

marge

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 06:59:03 PM »

Sounds awful for you Joannfran, l’m so sorry you’re going through this, but to me it sounds like extreme anxiety. I really don’t think the scans will have missed anything. Our minds are very powerful; l diagnose myself with many and varied life-threatening illness regularly and the symptoms are very real. But l’m still alive and kicking. Hope you get peace of mind soon.