Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleeding  (Read 1521 times)

Milkshake70

• First Flush
Post menopausal bleeding
« on: August 30, 2021, 02:06:43 PM »

I have only just joined this forum but have found it very helpful and reassuring to read all the posts on here regarding post menopausal bleeding. I am 51 years of age and my last period was around a year and a half ago. I am not on HRT. A week ago, I started spotting a little bit (mainly bleeding just when wiping), and this lasted for 5 to 6 days. During this time I had some mild cramping/dull ache in my abdomen. It is now a week later and the bleeding has stopped but I still have a full feeling in my abdomen. I saw my GP 3 days ago and had an internal pelvic exam and she said all appears okay with that. She has referred for a scan and to see a gynaecologist. I am so worried. A few months ago I had some urinary problems whereby my urine dip tests showed raised leukocytes but the lab culture tests showed no bacterial growth. As a result, I was told that I did not have an infection. However, I suffered from frequent urination and pelvic pressure/discomfort for around 3-4 weeks. So, I was referred to an urologist and had a Cystoscopy and CT scan and my kidneys and bladder are fine. After 4 weeks, those symptoms all cleared up so I am putting it down to a mild infection or Vaginal atrophy as it came on the day after having intercourse. So, after having a month or so of no worrying, I have now had these slightly different symptoms (I.e bleeding/spotting but no urinary issues), and am worrying all over again! I am wondering if these things might be linked. I am trying not to worry too much but like you have all said, the waiting is the worst thing. I am a nervous wreck as I am a bit of a hypochondriac and have been Googling far too much 😫. Has anybody else has similar symptoms to this?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:57:08 AM by Milkshake70 »

Lesley66

Re: Post menopausal bleeding
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:41:29 PM »

Hi, I am in the same boat as you. Not on any HRT and had some spotting a few weeks back for a day. I've lost 20lbs and started walking, and my episode happened after I'd completed 10 miles that day. Rang Dr and had a scan and my womb lining is slightly thickened at 7mm. Hysteroscopy happening this Friday. In a state of meltdown ATM. I'm 55, 6 years into Meno and have a 14 year old daughter. Had a smear last week where the practice nurse diagnosed me with VA and prescribed moisturizer. Can't even function properly, I'm just gripped with fear thinking the worst. Hope you're ok xx

Michelle7474

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 02:54:23 PM »

Hi both
I can’t help but hopefully someone comes along that can help you
Just wanted to message so you know someone is always reading

I hope you get your scan soon Milkshake so you don’t have to worry or overthink for long ( we all over think that’s the worse part of anything )

Lesley Good luck for Friday .. try and relax ( said me the biggest panicker recently ) but hopefully Friday comes quick and you can stop worrying and start your normal every day routines again without stress

Your both good with no HRT .. hope you both are ok .. xxx
Hopefully someone with more knowledge of this comes along xx

Lesley66

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 04:29:34 PM »

Thankyou so much Michelle for replying.

I don't know your story but I hope you are well and recovering from whatever was panicking you.

I used to take sertraline for my anxiety. I have some left overs in the cupboard. I'd take them but I know they take an age to kick on so won't take effect in time for Friday. 😂

Trying to keep busy to take my mind off things. My house has never been so clean xx

Lesley66

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 01:31:38 PM »

To complete story for anyone reading

Just had hysteroscopy. Uncomfortable but over quickly without the need for a GA. Small polyp found and removed, looks very normal and Dr expects histology to find nothing sinister. Referred to meno clinic for VA and possible hrt. Staff were lovely and Dr said the majority of PMB cases due to polyps. From bleed to treatment just over 3 weeks so cannot fault the service.

Sitting here at 2.30 having a mahoosive vino. What a roller coaster ride.

Best of luck to all the ladies who find themselves in a similar situation. The unknown is the hardest thing to deal with. Xx