Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Fem seven patches  (Read 1504 times)

Shuggs

• First Flush
Fem seven patches
« on: August 28, 2021, 01:12:53 PM »

Doctor has changed me from femosten conti tablets (lowest dose) to the femseven patches. Has anyone had any issues when swapping to these patches? Any awareness /advise welcomed.
Thanks

Sarah

• First Flush
Re: Fem seven patches
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 10:26:52 PM »

Hi,
I changed from Evorel conti to Fem 7.
Unfortunately, the Fem 7 don't stick at all and believe me, I've tried all kinds of advice to make them work. I have to stick them on with Tegaderm but have just found out this week from a Louise Newson podcast, that there's no point in doing that because if they're not actually stuck down with the adhesive, they're not giving you your full dose, if any at all.
My GP knows they haven't been sticking but didn't advise that they probably weren't working...she said sticking them down was fine to do...
So, after another 3 months I'm no further forward. Six months now, in total, to try and get some relief is agony.
Sorry I can't help with if they work well or not, but thought I'd mention about the sticking issue. Wish GP's were more clued up about even just these basic things.
They also leave a sore patch on my thighs , which takes a few weeks to heal each time, but that might be the tegaderm pressing on the edges of the patch?
I'm asking for gel when I can manage to book a phone call with her.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:41:09 PM by Sarah »

Luna

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 12:54:06 PM »

Maybe Fem Seven will work for you, but my experience of them is not a positive one.

I have been taking FemSeven and I am coming off them. The patches always come off, no matter how or where you stick them. It is getting expensive for me, because I throw more away than I actually get a full weeks use out of.

As 'Sarah' has written, the patches have left red welt type marks, and I still have marks from ones I used weeks ago. I itch around the area wherever the patch gets placed.

I keep breakthrough bleeding several days at a time on them.  The bleed then suddenly stops, and then without any warning randomly starts again. 

Also I have noticed, my breasts get so sore and tender that I cannot run as they are that painful, and it affects the position I sleep in. I also feel like I how I did when I used to get PMS.

I have decided to not bother anymore with the patches, as I don't see much improvement.

GP's at my health centre have been useless regarding anything to do with menopause, so I have decided to go Private, when I can afford it.

Hopefully your experience however may be a much better one.

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 03:01:18 PM »

I too have problems with them staying on and feel they do not give as constant a dose as the Evoril conti did. And on week 11 they have helped but may go back to the Evoril.