Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Confusion- vaginal atrophy /ovestin  (Read 2652 times)

34mum

• First Flush
Confusion- vaginal atrophy /ovestin
« on: August 06, 2021, 12:42:47 PM »

Hi everyone I’m new here and just really confused not sure what I’m looking for maybe some personal experience and advice if possible.
Saw my gp yesterday for an exam she advised lack of estrogen and given me Ovestin to start I’m 34 and worried about using this. I’m on the contraceptive mini pill (not had a period since started this new pill) I was too high risk to stay on cerelle so now on cerazette
She’s suggested I start ovestin and will review me in September

Following the exam she advised some nerve damage, Deep scarring from childbirth so will potentially start nerve tablets and also a referral has been made to gynae for surgery to “fix” the damage she advised after the surgery further children will be out of the question

I’m just looking for anyone with similar experience have Ovestin worked for you? Have you change to alt pill to help?

Thanks I’m advance
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:50:54 PM by 34mum »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Confusion- vaginal atrophy /ovestin
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 01:29:13 PM »

Yep.  'ovestin' is a Life saver.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there.  Repeated urine infection-type symptoms without anything growing in the urine samples, my GP diagnosed atrophy and advised treatment.

I underwent breast treatment in 1995.  No hesitation in using it.  What's your worry?  Every night for 14 more or less, then as necessary: advice initially is every 3/4th and 5/6th nights as a maintenance dose.  It is a very small amount of active ingredient.  Some require Yes or Sylc moisturisers too.

Pills won't replace a loss of oestrogen which may cause the body 2 become dry: inside and out; nostrils, eyes, vagina, skin as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.