Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello this is my first post. x  (Read 1659 times)

wwwendy

• First Flush
Hello this is my first post. x
« on: July 30, 2021, 08:38:47 PM »

:) Hello I have joined this group as i am new to HRT and struggling to make contact with my doctor for advice. Thought i would go straight to the horses mouth as it were and would be very grateful for any advice on a few points. Struggling to work out how this website works so i'm just reaching out to say Hellooooooo! Not quite sure how i should proceed. Happy weekend ladies, will keep scrolling. xxx

Cookie25

Re: Hello this is my first post. x
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 09:32:48 PM »

Hi wwwendy

:welcomemm:

Just ask away  :-* someone with experience of your query will respond I'm sure!

Cookie25
Xxxxx

wwwendy

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:55:40 PM »

Good Evening Cookie 25, thank you. I've been prescribed , by an nhs doctor over the telephone,  Utrogestran 100 1-25 days and Sandrena 1.0 mg gel and i'm on my second month and I have been bleeding on approx day 15 and then also during the 5 days when there is a gap. Essentially last month and this month so far it looks like i'm having 2 periods/ 30 days. Previously my periods were irregular going months without and then heavy periods lasting up to 2 weeks. I am feeling lots of positivity about taking HRT, energy levels first month were higher instantly? Not sure if that was a placebo but even my kids were happy to 'have their mum back' Trying to contact my doctor is not practical as i am working and the time it takes to get through to the doctor is not possible if i am working, its literally 30 mins pressing redial then leaving message and i don't have phone signal at work (Anglesey !!) Just want to know if bleeding more is common/ normal? And also is anyone else stressed at lack of contact available with a doctor? Determined to get the help i need. So fed up with feeling like my experiences don't matter and not important enough to warrant professional help. Reading experiences on this website its a common theme and i'm feeling cross!!! thank you in advance to anyone with any experience that can advise. xxx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 06:24:08 AM »

Hi wwwendy
Welcome to the forum.
You have been prescribed the post menopausal dosage for Utrogestan. As you were still having periods you should be taking the Utrogestan in a Sequi regime which is 200mg for 12 days of every month on days 15-26 of your cycle. This should hopefully regulate the bleeding.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 07:21:55 AM »

Hi wwendy. I agree with Dotty that you've been given the post menopausal dosage.

Taz  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 09:08:07 AM »

GPs are open for business. Apparently.  In England there is still a triage, 1 speaks with a receptionist who gets the GP to ring the patient, 2-3 weeks later.  Go Figure.  When I went to see my GP there was hardly any work being done, I suspect that GPs spend a lot of time on the 'phones!

Do U have a pharmacist close to where you work for a chat about which regime would suit?

Let us know how you get on.

wwwendy

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 04:41:39 PM »

Good afternoon Dotty, Taz2 and CKLD, gosh thank you for your helpful information. I had a feeling that something wasn't right so i will call in to have a talk with the pharmacist and set some time aside to try to get to speak with the doctor, she asked me to go for a blood pressure check after 3 months so i will be seeing a nurse in a months time. I didn't really question at the time but due to my lack of phone signal at work when i rang the doctor for my blood test results she returned the call but couldn't get hold of me so left an answer machine message saying that the results were 'fine' and to collect the HRT with a printed instruction. Having read some of the information on this amazing website and forum, it now seems a little vague. I'm really glad that i have joined this forum and asked questions and thank you all again for taking time out to share your knowledge. I'm sorry if i haven't replied properly linking you into the thread, still feel a bit bamboozled with how this works but I'm sure i will get the hang of it.
Best wishes,
Wendy.

VictoryV

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 04:10:27 PM »

Wwwendy, I hope you don’t mind me replying here, I’m new too so Welcome from a newbie!

My history is very similar to yours. I spoke to my GP about menopause for the first time last Friday and have been prescribed the same as you although the name of my gel is different, Estradiol, 2 pumps to 6 pumps daily as required? I’ve not had a period for 4 months and judging by the replies to your thread I think I’ve been given the post menopausal dosage too.
My prescription won’t be here until Friday, I can’t get through to my GP or pharmacist so very confused.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 06:15:07 PM »

Visiting the surgery/pharmacist mayB the way to go, Lloyds seems to be integral to many English practices now. 

I've tried to get an appt via the 'phone to speak to our Pharmacist: I get 'you are 1st in the queue' for about 15 mins. then 'we cannot deal with you now, please hang up'.   >:(. It shouldn't be this difficult ?  I really can't be bothered, when I go for my next script I will have a moan about how hard it is to get through on the 'phone.  Our GP seems to be on the 'phone almost all the while!

VictoryV

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 11:38:32 PM »

I agree CDLK; it shouldn’t be this difficult. I’m 500 miles away from my GP so can’t turn up at the surgery. I hate calling and rarely have needed to, I understand they are busy but my surgery’s voicemail is full and there doesn’t appear to be quieter times to call. Email isn’t an option so I’m going to try fax!

I’m itching to try the HRT but the dose sounds different to other posts on here and I’ve been prescribed testosterone. Maybe I’m confused from all the reading I’ve done but I’m sure others have said T isn’t given before the first 3 months of HRT.

Sorry if I’ve got it wrong, I feel overwhelmed with new info!

Thanks.