Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Premature menopause- looking for advice  (Read 1232 times)

SSI

• First Flush
Premature menopause- looking for advice
« on: July 21, 2021, 01:26:38 PM »

Hi there, I am 37yrs old and I am so glad I found this forum!! I have been having symptoms for about 2 years.  1 year ago the gynae consultant (as the weren't taking people in for apts) told me to start taking my contraceptive pill constantly without a break and we could discuss options later.  I have still been having symptoms, the most embarrassing for me is the sweating, its just horrendous meaning several changes of clothes a day.  The GP recvomennded coming off the pill to get accurate hormone levels.  I have been off the pill for 2 weeks and I am clawing my skin off! I am scratching so much I am drawing blood, this morning I was in the shower at 5am just to stop me scratching.  I have been told this is due to a drop in estrogen.  Would anti histamines help me?
I'm sorry for the long rambling message I am just so glad I have found this group, I am so down and this is all just getting me so upset (that's another thing - I cry ALL THE TIME!!).
Thank you all for reading this and your help.
😊

Taz2

Re: Premature menopause- looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 02:39:17 PM »

Hi SSI. Just wanted to welcome you.

Did your GP say how long you had to wait to get a true picture of your hormone level? This itching sounds horrendous for you. Who diagnosed you with premature menopause and how was this done?

We know all about the 'crying all the time' on here so you are amongst women who truly understand. I well remember the awfulness of taking changes of clothes into work too. Wet bra and knickers! Yuk! HRT sorted that out for me really quickly.

If you are in premature menopause then it is important that HRT is offered in order to replace your missing oestrogen and to protect your heart and bones up to the usual Meno age of around 51. Blood tests are really unreliable to determine someone's menopausal state and the usual guidelines are that women should be treated on symptoms not results. You've got us behind you now!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »

Hi! itchy skin is due to a drop in oestrogen levels which drys the body: skin, scalp, eyes, deep in the ears, vagina - do have a lookC at the Daisy Web-site for premature menopause.  Make notes ;-)

A good hand cream may help your itchiness.  4 me it was my insteps ! OK all day, until I took my socks off ready to step into the bath 🛁.  Or behind my neck down my back, DH would give a gentle rub but the itch moved  >:(

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  When R U contacting your GP again, mayB ask for a referral to a menopause clinic?  Let us know.

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 12:53:57 PM »

Hi SSI,
I dont really have any advice but I wanted to say that I'm am 39 and in premature menopause.  My symptoms started aged 32/33. I havent found my miracle HRT yet. I am trialling mirena coil along with Zoely pill. Coil is in since November 2020. Only started Zoely pill at the end of last month. So too soon to tell on that although I feel no improvements yet. Thinking I have too much progesterone going on. I miss my former self so much and  I have tried numerous time.s....even wailing crying like a banshee in the early days (thankfully no neighbours heard)..... I just wanted to say I am here if you need to chat through this very very difficult time.
I hope you get the right HRT for you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 06:48:32 PM »

:hug:

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 08:22:01 PM »

I went through early meno @ 38. Was on the pill until 40 and then went onto the gel and utrogestan cyclically, have never looked back 15 oddd yrs later, lovely combo and gave me my life back, I would ask for HRT asap, your body needs the hormones, and as was said, you are only replacing what you are unable to make.