Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Covid  (Read 1691 times)

Nellie Noo

Covid
« on: July 03, 2021, 12:20:48 PM »

Hi Ladies .. has anyone else had their two doses of the vaccine and still got covid ? Am feeling rather fed up .. literally live in the middle of no where , have a very small circle , in the past month  i went to the dentist for the first time in 12 months , to the opticians to pick up some new specs , and i see my daughter most days . No pubs ,cafes , restaurants ..  too nervous . I dont work  and still managed to catch covid ! 

Ju Ju

Re: Covid
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 12:52:36 PM »

How ill are you? Hopefully being fully vaccinated will reduce the severity of COVID. As with all vaccinations for any disease, there is no guarantee of not catching the disease. It’s really tough that you still managed to catch Covid despite being so careful. Until everyone is vaccinated then we are all at risk, however careful. I hope you feel better soon.  :D :foryou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 01:36:04 PM »

Has it been confirmed?   Apparently orange juice when drunk too soon to a throat swab being taken, is throwing up false positives.

How do U feel over-all?  Kathleen posted yesterday about the different symptoms that the variants have been throwing up rather than a loss of taste and smell ...... can't remember which thread though  :-\

Lots of Paracatomol, sleep when you need to and rest.  This should be reported via the Yellow Card and there are groups across the UK for long-covid advice.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 01:37:25 PM »

Hello Nellie Noo.

I'm sorry to hear that you have COVID and I hope you recover soon.

I was talking to a neighbour yesterday and she and her husband look after their grandchildren before and after school. The five year old is at home with them because he has a heavy cold and is coughing, apparently a few of his class mates are the same. I asked my friend if it could be COVID and she said it was probably just a cold.

Afterwards I wondered if such young children were being tested especially as we know that COVID can  present as cold symptoms. I also thought that if the little boy has the virus and has passed it on to his grandparents have I put myself at risk just by talking to her?

Fortunately we live in an area with very few cases but it made me realise how easily this virus could spread under the most ordinary of circumstances.

Take care.

K.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 01:40:37 PM »

Thank you !  Seriously thought it was a summer cold ! No loss of smell or taste but a very runny nose, sore throat and headache . Then i thought it was hay-fever as its been bad this year, but realised i should  do a pcr to be sure . Couldn't believe the positive result … and unless it came from the dentist or opticians i really know know where its come from . Daughter is negative .  Cant imagine how rough i would feel without being vaccinated ! Thank god for the vaccine x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 01:41:42 PM »

Or on the wind ........... professional set ups are very tight on their C-19 protection 4 staff and patients.  It's air borne .......... I've been a little lax in wiping down door handles etc., must get the spray out!

Nellie Noo

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 01:52:15 PM »

Hi Clkd … yes i know 🥴 i was reading yesterday , think it was the Independent,   that the new delta variant doesnt need 15 minutes of close contact … that 15 to 20 seconds may be enough !  Thats crazy !
I took a pcr which came back positive .. but every single lateral flow that i take is saying negative !! To think thats what our teenagers are using 🤷‍♀️ Very unreliable ! 

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2021, 02:02:32 PM »

DH and I did flow test swab down the throat a few weeks ago - he was eventually contacted, giving his age as 3 years younger than I am  ;D.  That's reliable then?  We already knew that the test was negative.  My throat has been sore throughout ......... due to allergic rhinitis and possibly sleeping with gob wide open.

If U think how seasonal 'flu is passed, do we know exactly: because we are in close contact with others; as well as D&V.  Easily caught if 1 is in the wrong place?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 12:12:28 PM »

'they' really can't get it right!  They are putting the 2 devices in the same 'box', but they are not!

Kwaie Keanting said earlier 'we cannot alter our advice on a daily basis' ........... since when I wonder  :-\

If 1 is pinged by mobile app 1 doesn't NOT have to isolate.  It is advice that U have been close to a person who has later tested positive. By which time ........

If one is tracked then it is a legal requirement to isolate for 10 days and get tested after 5 days.

Of course people will be pinged if they work with C-19 patients!!!  Many will be switching off the app.. As I stated below, DH is now 3 years younger than I am even though we have never given our dates of birth to anyone at the various testing facilities.

I refused to have the app - I have never trusted any government to be truthful about how these devices might work, I don't even belief the results of the 1970s referendum ;-).  Figures can be skewed to what they need in order to frighten the public to behave.