Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: LEGS  (Read 2112 times)

kazy68

LEGS
« on: July 07, 2021, 04:18:17 PM »

Hi all
I take turmeric and magnesium to ease achey legs, for the first few weeks all good,aching eased and felt good, until this last week or so, omg they feel worse than before, is there anything else I can do to ease the aching throbbing legs its constant only get a break when asleep, that's when I finally get to sleep.

Karen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: LEGS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 04:54:10 PM »

4 me the trick is 2 Nurofen and/or bananas .......... I've had restless legs since an early age, by chance I began eating bananas daily and within 5 nights they were cured.  4 me it's probably a lack of potassium.

I am aware of them in the day but the aching and needing to hang them over the side of the bed starts at night.  Enough to keep me awake which is when I take 2 'nurofen'.

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 05:18:52 PM »

I put your symptoms into the search facility and nothing came up. Have you circulation problems? This may need investigating. Is the magnesium in tablet form? If so, try having Epsom Salts baths instead in hot, but not boiling water. This gets the magnesium in through the skin where it is absorbed more readily and subsequently more effective. Sorry I can't help more, but it sounds like something that might benefit more from medical assessment? Good luck.

kazy68

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 06:57:18 PM »

Thx both for replying,
I do eat bananas but not every day may give it a try, same with nurofen, take them when needed.
I had blood results back last Tuesday all normal no problems, magnesium is in tablet form so may try the Epsom salts I do have some , can I still take the tablt if I use salts in the bath ?

Karen

Rathead

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 07:22:50 PM »

I use magnesium cream, I find this really effective and eases my aches.

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 07:41:30 PM »

Probably one or the other, not both, so you know what's working. So, cream or salts. Leave the tablets aside. You're probably not absorbing adequately from them.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 08:08:59 PM »

Did the GP not suggest anything ....... or was it 'no further action required' on the report form, so no one follows through to ask whether the patient still has pain etc.  ::)

Cookie25

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 09:17:24 PM »

Hi Kazy68

Is it a restless legs feeling, achey and you want to keep moving them?

I had this badly along with hot feet and legs. 4 months into hrt I'd say the aching and restless symptoms are a lot better but the heat remains.

I sleep with cold water bottles and have a pillow between my knees and my feet xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 10:14:43 AM »

I suffer RLS, and use a pillow between my knees, it helps a bit, but nothing really gets rid of it.
I’ve found I have bouts of it, comes on and last a few days, then goes away for a while. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Sometimes I think it’s from my achy back. But who knows! 🤷🏼‍♀️

DR OZ, says to use lavender soap in the bed. So I bought some, ( sent Jaypo some too) 😆 did it work?
NO!  ;D Bloody load rubbish!  ;D…..didn’t work for Jaypo either! 🤨.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 12:30:55 PM »

RLS - usually a lack of potassium or magnesium hence my need for bananas daily or 'nurofen'.  I can feel the legs 'pulling' all day but they are no problem until I get into 🛏.  I've tried resting my legs on various heights of pillows/blankets which kind of helps.

Aprilflower

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2021, 05:36:49 PM »

Hi all
I take turmeric and magnesium to ease achey legs, for the first few weeks all good,aching eased and felt good, until this last week or so, omg they feel worse than before, is there anything else I can do to ease the aching throbbing legs its constant only get a break when asleep, that's when I finally get to sleep.

Karen

Hi there,
Looking at your previous posts, I see that you take statins. These often have a side effect of leg pain. 

I would talk to your doctor about maybe changing your prescription.   Also try taking Q10 supplements, as statins deplete your natural store.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 08:22:33 PM »

Fortunately, neighther DH nor I have had any problem with statins.  Some do get joint aches with them which affect the whole body. 

Winterose

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 11:18:09 AM »

I use iron tablets for rls - luckily worked for me . However forget to take one and 2 or 3 days later they are back