Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seborrheic keratosis ("senile warts")?  (Read 10747 times)

Suzysheep

Re: Seborrheic keratosis ("senile warts")?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2022, 09:05:44 PM »

I have developed a few of these over the last year. I had one on my back that was getting rubbed by my bra strap. I itched it and it bled a bit, scabbed over then fell off a few days later. I also have a couple of paler ones on my leg.

Postmeno3

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 09:21:12 PM »

Yeah, they tend to stick like glue. I have an awful lot of them, now in very noticeable areas all around my neckline and upper tummy. My back is covered in them.  Bikini days are over! I'm very self-conscious of them now they're enlarging and darkening. Gp: "You're too old to be vain!" Gee, thanks! 🙄

QueenofReds3

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 11:34:37 AM »

Hi all, I had one of this on my abdomen, had it for years but last year it got bigger and my jeans rubbing on it made it bleed . I contacted GP to check as history of melanoma in family and he told me it was one of these and not to worry but keep eye on it. But I don’t know where I saw it but I put a bit of vicks on it for a few weeks and hey presto it dropped off, no soreness or scar. Yay for Vicks! X

Suzysheep

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2022, 09:21:20 AM »

Did you have to keep it covered with the Vicks on, or just as is?

QueenofReds3

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 02:01:35 PM »

Hi Suzysheep. I covered it as it was always itching . I took the plaster off when on shower. I think it did not take long to come off. May work for others but I was fed up with it so was willing to try anything. X

Ana21

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2022, 02:08:25 PM »

Hi Postmeno3!

Changes in estrogen level trigger SKs in some women.  I developed a few during pregnancy.  Starting hormone therapy and ending hormone therapy are also triggers.  Have you spoken to a dermatologist about treatment options, such as cryosurgery or laser? 

I'm aware of a couple of topical treatment options and there may be others.  One is HP40 or Eskata, a 40 percent hydrogen peroxide solution.  Another is Nitrizinc, a solution containing organic acids, nitric acid and zinc and copper salts.  Nitrizinc seems like the less irritating option. 

A novel Nitrizinc Complex solution for topical treatment of seborrhoeic keratosis: an interventional clinical study (Abstract only)
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31106762/

In the UK, Nitrizinc is sold to clinicians as Verruptop.
https://www.verrutop.co.uk/

I don't know whether it's sold as an OTC wart remover in other countries, but it may be worth a search.  The study mentioned above was conducted in Spain.  Before and after photos from the study here:

https://www.jle.com/en/revues/ejd/e-docs/a_novel_nitrizinc_complex_solution_for_topical_treatment_of_seborrhoeic_keratosis_an_interventional_clinical_study_314500/article.phtml

Hope you've been well.  Keep us posted on what you discover.

Suzysheep

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2022, 02:26:36 PM »

Thanks Ana. Mine cropped up after starting and stopping HRT!
Pages: 1 [2]