Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Magnesium for anxiety/panic disorder how much please?  (Read 7996 times)

jaypo

Re: Magnesium for anxiety/panic disorder how much please?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2022, 07:28:32 PM »

Good luck holidaylover,really hope they work for you,it might be that you need one in the morning too,they don't seem to make me sleepy through the day,let me know how you get on with them,might take a few days to work,we're all different xx
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 05:41:27 PM by jaypo »

holidaylover

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2022, 08:52:02 AM »

No difference at the moment jaypo (tossed and turned all night) but I do think they'll take a wee while to work.   I'll stick with them.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2022, 04:17:03 PM »

Jaypo please could you tell me where you get your magnesium from and what strength? I have not had a god nights sleep in months and my anxiety is creeping back in daily. The patches are helping some of the symptoms but sleep has never been great with any of the HRT I have tried. X

jaypo

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »

Sorry holidaylover, I meant to say they DONT make me sleepy through the day (I changed it ;D ) Any improvement?
QueenofReds3 I got them from Amazon they're Called smarter magnesium by inspiriko and they are the glycinate ones,it's a black packet with a small purple stripe on the front.the amount per 3 capsules is 330mg but I seem to be managing on  just two a day.

holidaylover

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2022, 07:34:00 AM »

jaypo, no change for me, I'm so disappointed.  Third night with them and I have to say my sleep is worse, (I don't feel they even relax me), and each time I wake my palpitations are stronger.  I also had cramp in my leg through the night.  All these things are what magnesium is supposed to help, so I don't know whether the doctor may have a point, in that extra magnesium, when my levels are not low, may have the opposite effect.  I also don't know if the magnesium I am taking is the most appropriate for palpitations, there are so many different ones.  I'm taking EpsilonLife 100% chelated magnesium glycinate.  Each capsule contains 500mg of mag (100mg of elemental mag - whatever that means)  I am only taking one, I can take 1 -3 daily.  I know this is the best one to cause less stomach issues.  It's very confusing.  I'll not take one tonight and see if my sleep changes and the palpitations lessen.  Trial and error I suppose.   Just need rid of the palpitations!!

Marchlove

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2022, 08:05:59 AM »

Holidaylover- 100mg of elemental magnesium is a very low dose.
300mg -400mg elemental is what Lara Briden recommends for sleep and anxiety, but don’t take this amount in the morning!
I don’t know about palpitations but I expect you’ve researched it regarding magnesium benefits for it. x

CrispyChick

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2022, 09:09:44 AM »

I agree with Marchlove. It's taken me a while to work it out myself. Elemental is the important amount.

I take 300mg elemental a day, plus a couple of body sprays which equal 40mg.

However, I was instructed to take 600mg for my migraines. And my magnesium does say can take two a day. I did that for a few days and swore I was getting pins and needles in the night. So I dropped back down to one tablet.

I'm afraid it is definitely trial and error. 😬

jaypo

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2022, 10:03:06 AM »

That's so disappointing holidaylover   :'( Especially as I seem to be sleeping so well since starting,also my anxiety levels have waned,everyone's body is different,so I guess what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the the other. It is all very confusing,I have to agree,mine say to take 3 daily which equates to 330mg a day but when I upped it to that dosage, I was very dizzy,could've just been a coincidence but I dropped down and i seem to be ok,yep,trial and error

ATB

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2022, 07:50:10 PM »

I take the magnesium glycinate, adds up to 180mg elemental with my dinner. I found it worked straight away for both sleep and nighttime anxiety. I don’t have anything for during the day, my sister used to swear by Kali Phos tissue salts but I’ve not tried them.

Marchlove

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2022, 09:45:07 PM »

Holidaylover, if you’re about, just wondering if your having more luck with the magnesium?
Only take it at night and increase sort of slowly up to the dose others have suggested.
You have better response with adequate vitamin d levels I’ve found. x

holidaylover

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »

Marchlove, Hi, I haven't taken any more of the magnesium as I was afraid it was making symptoms worse.  I take a vit d supplement every day along with Omega 3.  I think I may have had the wrong type of magnesium for the palpitations, but as I am taking a beta blocker to try and help with this, I'm not sure if I should be supplementing at all.  Totally confused.

Marchlove

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »

It’s difficult for you to deal with these questions on your own, so well done for your  persistence.
You could perhaps start by getting the magnesium you have researched for palpitations and starting slowly with it, see how you go. If you feel no difference, slowly increase and feel it out.
If you think the beta blockers are not doing what they should for the palpitations then that might be a reason to actually start the magnesium.
Magnesium is a very safe supplement so don’t worry about overdosing with it, it’s just a question of whether it can help.
If you concerned that beta blockers might be contradicted with magnesium in some way, then research this and speak to your GP about it.
I can’t think it would be in a minute but it’s good to check even just to reassure you.
Keep in touch x
Pages: 1 2 [3]