Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 2410 times)

Yorkshire Girl

I'm Back
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »

Hello to all my wonderful forum friends, hope you are all well! I have decided to drop back in, have had a 6 month break without really realising! I had Covid back in Jan thanks to my husband who I think got it from our son, who hadn't been out, must've caught from his asymptomatic girlfriend. Didn't realise I had it as it took hold as if I had a cold no temp or cough, week later lost taste & smell luckily didn't have to self isolate, as 10 days had gone. Had my first covid vaccination on 17th April at our local GP's.
Our teenager has decided to give up on his law degree as he's not enjoying it but is outstanding in all his assessments and understanding of law. Now looking at Manchester or Leeds for Art History or Philosophy & Politics or Philosophy & Theology!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm Back
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:17:05 PM »

I missed U!  Do U feel generally better?  We have had both our AZ jabs so no excuses not to go out  :-\

Law Degreees can be boring?  Art History sounds interesting, it depends on how good a brain he has for remembering small things. 

Salad

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 08:03:34 PM »

Welcome back  :D

Glad you’re recovered from your Covid and it sounds like you’re coming around to you son’s change of direction. How lovely he felt he could talk about it with you and do it- life is too short and all that  :)

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 10:46:40 AM »

Nice to hear from you!

Your son is courageous and sensible.

My daughter gave up on her degree course. She was doing well, so struggled on sinking into depression. She had realised her degree course led to a career that she wasn’t suited to, even though she had the ability. Had I realised earlier I would have stepped in, but she was at a university 200 miles away. She was too ill to carry on with another course, but eventually she found her way into work that she loves. She has never regretted starting her degree and all the skills she learnt have been indirectly valuable. She’s an amazing, sassy person! My son did a musical course, finishing with a distinction, but decided he wasn’t suited to a musical career. Now a paramedic, but his musical skills enrich his life. Best of both worlds!

Your son’s dipping into a law degree will not be a waste of time and will benefit him in whatever he chooses to do.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 11:21:19 AM »

No Education is a waste of time  ;).  Every day is a learning curve even when we aren't aware of it.

Barnacle

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 11:27:20 AM »

Good to see you back YG!.

I admire your son for deciding to change courses. Life is just too damn short. I wish him well x

C.C.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »

Welcome back and kudos to your son for following his heart and getting onto a new path.  Any education he receives will benefit him later in life. :)

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 07:51:08 PM »

Aahh thanks all. Teenager told us after his GF told him to tell us but even so it only took a week, but I knew something was up, he wasn't his usual self, being abrupt with me. I don't want him studying something he's not enjoying, he loves the idea of art history as it is directed more about the artist and what the painting is telling you etc!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 08:41:03 AM »

Hey Yorkie. 👋🏼 Glad you’re back! 😘

Sorry to hear about the Covid. But glad you got through it.
I’m due my second jab this Saturday. 😱 didn’t have any side effects with my first, so we’ll see.
Lovely to have you back. 😊

:foryou:

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 12:48:12 PM »

Woohooo YG is back,how could you NOT come back,I mean you MUST have missed all us wonderful women  ;D