Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Astra Zeneca Second dose  (Read 9904 times)

Debs165

Re: Astra Zeneca Second dose
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 11:03:29 PM »

I had my second Astra Zeneca jab today, so far feeling okay xx

Salad

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 11:10:09 PM »

I had my second Astra Zeneca jab today, so far feeling okay xx

Had mine Tuesday- arm is a bit tender and I feel fatigued, but so much better than last time 😊

loonarider

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2021, 07:01:02 AM »

Hi loonarider,

I’m 57 I did not have a choice of which vaccine to have.  Back in March I was sent a text from my surgery saying that they were offering vaccines to those 55 and over and that it would be the Pfizer vaccine at the doctors surgery in the next village. I assume I had the Pfizer as this was what had been allocated to them.  My work colleagues have all had the AstraZeneca and we are all in the same age bracket.

Thanks.

Cool that you were told which one you were getting, me? Nothing. :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2021, 08:30:48 AM »

Then ask ?  All the people I have spoken to have been told prior to the injection which they are being given as well as which symptoms to be aware of  :-\ also it says on the card which I was given on the day, along with the date for the 2nd injection.

menomope

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2021, 10:07:44 AM »

No harm in ringing and asking. I didnt know until  I was in the room with the nurse.This was back in January and most people who were invited that day had Phizer. I had AZ as at that time people with severe allergies ( me) were advised against Phizer but I think that advice has now changed. I did get a card but no date was written on for the second vaccine. they rang me up in my twelfth week. But DH has been invited back for his second and its only 6 weeks since his first dose!
So the bottom line is- the systems vary depending on where you live in the UK and even vary at the same clinic!
That said it is now 15 days since my second AZ vaccine and all seems well so far!

loonarider

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2021, 11:32:31 AM »

Then ask ?  All the people I have spoken to have been told prior to the injection which they are being given as well as which symptoms to be aware of  :-\ also it says on the card which I was given on the day, along with the date for the 2nd injection.

I have just called my GP, the vaccination centre in Yeovil where AI'm meant to be having it tomorrow, tried to find info online. I give up. Such a simple request and nobody seems to know. So it mean dirivng 38 miles only to find out that it's Astra or something and then I ave to drive all the way back. I'm really irritated right now, not helped by being in that TOM.

Yep, you'd think it would be a simple case of just calling. Ha ha.

loonarider

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »

No harm in ringing and asking. I didnt know until  I was in the room with the nurse.This was back in January and most people who were invited that day had Phizer. I had AZ as at that time people with severe allergies ( me) were advised against Phizer but I think that advice has now changed. I did get a card but no date was written on for the second vaccine. they rang me up in my twelfth week. But DH has been invited back for his second and its only 6 weeks since his first dose!
So the bottom line is- the systems vary depending on where you live in the UK and even vary at the same clinic!
That said it is now 15 days since my second AZ vaccine and all seems well so far!

Yea, I give up, I guess I'm gonna find out there and then. Glad to hear everything is fine with you after having Astra :). Lots of variables, and I have an overthinking/overanalytical mind, worst mix. Maybe should just throw caution to the wind...

My partner is teasing me about how pro vax and pro science I am, yet having hesitancy towards the astra vaccine. Fun times  >:(

loonarider

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2021, 11:37:17 AM »

And sorry Gnatty, I've hijacked your post. No more from me here   :-X

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »

What's your problem loonarider?  Better to have a vaccination than to get C-19?  Does it really matter which?  Don't waste an appt. in Taunton if you really don't want a vaccine at this point?  The vaccine centre will know which they are using this week. 

loonarider

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2021, 12:33:43 PM »

What's your problem loonarider?  Better to have a vaccination than to get C-19?  Does it really matter which?  Don't waste an appt. in Taunton if you really don't want a vaccine at this point?  The vaccine centre will know which they are using this week.

I ask myself what the problem is a lot these days. I've decicded I will take the vaccine. And yes covid 19 would not be great. Just super anxious. Thanks CLKD

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2021, 12:35:09 PM »

I used to get anxious when I was on The Pill  ::) - such a tiny tablet but I would hold it in my hand for ages B4 swallowing it.  Every night  :-\.  Still here!  Now I take reasonably sized tablets without thinking twice ......... 

Ask at the vaccine centre if you have any worries; don't feel rushed, we had time to chat prior and after the jab.  MayB take a note with you so that you don't forget?

loonarider

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2021, 12:46:48 PM »

I used to get anxious when I was on The Pill  ::) - such a tiny tablet but I would hold it in my hand for ages B4 swallowing it.  Every night  :-\.  Still here!  Now I take reasonably sized tablets without thinking twice ......... 

Ask at the vaccine centre if you have any worries; don't feel rushed, we had time to chat prior and after the jab.  MayB take a note with you so that you don't forget?

Thank you again for the advice and will deifnitely take my journal. I think I will be OK. To think I was so excited to have the jab a few months ago. :/

ElkWarning

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2021, 01:23:40 PM »

Had my second Oxford / AZ jab on Wednesday, nowhere near as bad as my first at the beginning of February - took me three weeks to recover (lost temp control, bad tummy, banging headaches, crushing fatigue). They're very careful though. I had a long conversation with the nursing sister at the vaccination centre. She was great. And this time I'm doing everything to support myself while my immune system gets on and does its thing. My son is extremely clinically vulnerable, so that made my decision relatively easy.

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2021, 03:44:53 PM »

There are so many different reactions that we are bound to be worried.  I wondered the other day if it is wise this time for us both to attend at the same time  ::) ......... in case it's worse.  I will lay out appropriate medication B4 we go, in case ......... what ever it's unlikely to last for more then 36 hours ;-)  ???

Ju Ju

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2021, 02:29:26 PM »

Had my 2nd Astra Zeneca yesterday. Achy arm, head ache and jelly legs today! Think I can cope! The experience was a 100% better than for the first jab, which was traumatic. Hour long queue as the computers had crashed. I was suffering from asthma and had been for several weeks, so told the lady on duty at the end of the queue that I wasn’t capable of standing so long, where upon she radioed for a wheelchair! But as I had been shielding, it upset me being around crowds. This time I walked straight in, no queue and would have been able to walk straight out had I not had an anaphylactic reaction to kiwi fruit many years ago. Kept sitting for 15 minutes as a precaution. No problems, probably cos they don’t use kiwi fruit in the vaccine!  As to the serious side effects, there is far, far more likelihood that we would be killed getting to the vaccination centre! And DH has had some of the best driving training in the world!  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4