Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Astra Zeneca Second dose  (Read 9725 times)

Gnatty

Re: Astra Zeneca Second dose
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 02:49:35 PM »

That's good to hear Iris67, it must have been a worry to her going for second dose.

loonarider

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 02:59:09 PM »

Is there a way to find out which vaccine you're getting? My first dose is this Satuday and I'm 43. :/

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 02:59:47 PM »

It should tell you on the invite letter from the NHS. 

menomope

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 03:04:56 PM »

Hi Loonarider
I think it very much depends on where you are in the UK and the system your area uses.
Here we had a phone call from our local surgery. You turn up at the allotted time and have whatever vaccine that your part of the country has available. So unless you have known allergies to anything in the vaccine offered it is assumed you have that one.

loonarider

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 03:35:56 PM »

Hi Loonarider
I think it very much depends on where you are in the UK and the system your area uses.
Here we had a phone call from our local surgery. You turn up at the allotted time and have whatever vaccine that your part of the country has available. So unless you have known allergies to anything in the vaccine offered it is assumed you have that one.

Thank you  :)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 03:37:50 PM »

It has been reported that : A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household transmission of the virus by up to half, a study shows.
Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines - and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49% less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock described the study's results as "terrific news".

He has urged "everybody to get their vaccines as soon as they are eligible".

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days after vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age of cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

sheila99

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2021, 03:41:34 PM »

If you're getting at your local surgery probably AZ as the won't have the facilities or numbers for pz. If it's at a vacc centre I don't know.

loonarider

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2021, 12:33:07 PM »

It should tell you on the invite letter from the NHS.

I didn't recieve a letter, just a tesxt with no information except to book.  :-\

loonarider

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2021, 12:34:33 PM »

If you're getting at your local surgery probably AZ as the won't have the facilities or numbers for pz. If it's at a vacc centre I don't know.

Hi there, yes it's at a vaccination centre. Thanks, I guess I'll have to find out on the day.

Patsie

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2021, 12:50:32 PM »

Hi,

I sailed through my first injection of the Pfizer vaccine.  Had my second last Saturday and reacted to it.  Temperature, chills, headaches and couldn’t move arm for 24 hours.  It’s now day 6 since having it and still feel lightheaded and dizzy at time together with a headache when I bend over.  Hopefully it will get better soon.  Hating the side effects but happy that I have had the vaccine.

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2021, 03:00:17 PM »

Does anyone have a positive experience of having their second dose yet? I am really hoping I don't experience the same or worse side effects than first time round! Or is it just pot luck??
  I had the 2nd AstraZeneca on Tuesday. Felt mildly under the weather during the night but it may not have been caused by the jab. Didn't get the muscle/joint aches which I got first time round.

loonarider

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2021, 03:40:57 PM »

Hi,

I sailed through my first injection of the Pfizer vaccine.  Had my second last Saturday and reacted to it.  Temperature, chills, headaches and couldn’t move arm for 24 hours.  It’s now day 6 since having it and still feel lightheaded and dizzy at time together with a headache when I bend over.  Hopefully it will get better soon.  Hating the side effects but happy that I have had the vaccine.

Hi Patsie,

I need some help. Where did you have the vaccine? And if you don't mind me asking how old are you? And why we're you offered Pfizer as opposed to Astra, any particular reason?

Thanks  :D

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 04:00:24 PM »

I had Pfizer as this was in February and Astra stocks hadn't been fully rolled out. The first Pfizer vaccination is usually ok but the second one can make you feel ill for a few days. Astra is the opposite with worse symptoms after the first vaccine.

When you receive the first one the second one of the same vaccine is reserved for you. I'm not sure whether you can swap easily.

Taz x

Patsie

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2021, 07:29:30 PM »

Hi loonarider,

I’m 57 I did not have a choice of which vaccine to have.  Back in March I was sent a text from my surgery saying that they were offering vaccines to those 55 and over and that it would be the Pfizer vaccine at the doctors surgery in the next village. I assume I had the Pfizer as this was what had been allocated to them.  My work colleagues have all had the AstraZeneca and we are all in the same age bracket.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2021, 08:03:50 PM »

Initially Pzifer couldn't be stored everywhere so it was restricted across the UK to those with appropriate fridges.  My BinL has had both, AZ, no problems either time.

Do report on the yellow card as any information will help Research.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4