Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Chronic pain  (Read 1421 times)

allijo

• First Flush
Chronic pain
« on: March 26, 2021, 07:20:48 PM »

Hi all. First time posting 😊 for nearly 3 years my pain has been getting worse and I’m unsure if it has anything to do with menopause or something else. I feel constant aching as if I’ve done a very heavy workout (I assure you that I haven’t lol) especially in my legs and arms. My hands and feet are very painful and my elbows always feel bruised. I am currently using 2 pumps of estragel and have a mirena and thought all the pain would go away 🙁 my gp have been very unhelpful so far ( he thinks I’m depressed!) and it’s so difficult explaining everything in a phone appointment.
Are these standard symptoms of the menopause? If so why hasn’t hrt worked and taken the pain away?

Any advice gratefully received x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Chronic pain
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 07:29:55 PM »

Hi!

As oestrogen levels drop off, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become dry, inside and out.  We have threads about that! [bladder issues and vaginal atrophy].  My heels in particular feel sore all the while probably due to the type of socks as well as the skin being dry. 

Have you been prescribe appropriate pain relief? 

GPs think that a dose of HRT will cure everything, or that women aren't in menopause unless they complain of hot flushes  ::)

:welcomemm:  browse round.  MayB keep a mood/symptom/food diary too.

allijo

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 08:09:30 PM »

I was on amitriptyline then changed to duloxatine. When they didn’t help gp said I must be depressed so put me on sertraline. Gp also said to increase estrogel to 4 pumps which basically sent me into the clouds! I don’t have any dryness problems thankfully and the only bad symptoms I had were the flushes. I could cope with aches and pains but this is so painful. 

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 11:00:50 PM »

Hi allijo. Has anyone mentioned fibromyalgia to you? Your symptoms seem to match. I have it and can definitely sympathise with the painful elbows! Do you feel as if hands and feet are swollen but no visible signs? When you wake up in the morning do you feel more exhausted than when you went to sleep?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

allijo

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 09:22:53 AM »

Hi taz, it’s ironic really as my gp will say ‘they use this for fibromyalgia, we’ll try these’ But won’t actually say that’s what he thinks I’ve got. He seems to always say it’s symptoms of menopause! Yes my hands and feet feel swollen in the mornings and I dread put weight on my feet getting out of bed.
Can I ask what relieves your pain?