Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 9 weeks on Evoral Sequi and feeling horrible  (Read 2233 times)

Unicorn

9 weeks on Evoral Sequi and feeling horrible
« on: January 24, 2021, 07:02:38 PM »

Hi again, I'm so sorry for the constant threads, but I'm so desperate xx

I've been on the above for nearly 10 weeks and my anxiety, panic and alternating low mood is through the roof! I originally took the patch for palpitations, facial flushing and anxiety.  I thought I was better but feel horrific... I really can't cope 🙄.

I'm already taking 50mg of Sertraline.

I don't know what to do? Stick at it? Go without? Change it? Please help xxxx

Itwillpass

Re: 9 weeks on Evoral Sequi and feeling horrible
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 07:12:37 PM »

And me again! So yesterday felt not too bad & woke feeling okayish but from 4.30 been flat out on the sofa  :'( crushing fatigue, sick to my stomach, anxious, buzzing legs, could feel my heartbeat in my stomach too really scared. I’m with you unicorn I don’t know what to do now I’m due to start the 2nd month of combined patch Wednesday xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 11:28:24 PM »

Hey Itwillpass! Omg, we are twins 🧡 I've ripped my patch off for now.... I felt awful this week.  I thought these damn patches were supposed to help? Sorry, I sound angry but I'm so fed up and disappointed xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 08:37:41 AM »

Please help me someone, I'm beginning to think nothing will help, I'll never get better and it isn't hormonal as the patches haven't worked xxx

Itwillpass

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 09:48:36 AM »

I’ve cut mine in half so just 25mg I’m fed up too  :'( just about dragged myself out of bed feel awful tired though I slept well, back is killing, I ache all over & painful cramps now it’s all too much xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 09:58:02 AM »

Hi Itwillpass 😚 I've done the same today and cut my conti patch in half.  Hope you feel loads better soon xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 06:06:54 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone else uses just half a patch? Xxx

NicolaJ

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 06:16:38 PM »

Hi, I’ve not been following your history thus far but the first HRT I tried made me feel the same. My one and only symptom was anxiety and panic attacks was made much worse by Elleste Duet which I think has the same progesterone in as Evorel (Norethisterone) I changed to an HRT with dydrogesterone and I feel like a different person. Forgive me if I’m wrong here but might be worth thinking about x

Unicorn

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 06:33:42 PM »

Thank you Nicola J! That is really good to know 😚 I'm so glad you found something that helps! And that gives me some hope xx

I still had quite regular periods before starting Evorel Sequi which is 2 weeks eostrogen only and 2 weeks combined, so it's  sequential (is that the word?!)  So no idea if it's the Oestrogen only or combined making me worse? I was only on the oestrogen patch when my symptoms became worse in the last two weeks.  I'm so very confused and dont know what to do next xx
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 06:37:25 PM by Unicorn »

NicolaJ

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 07:08:00 PM »

I’m very similar. I was still having fairly regular bleeds before starting HRT. I am also on a sequential (sequi) regime and take two weeks of oestrogen and then a combination of oestrogen and progesterone. I am on Femoston 1/10 and researched this thoroughly on here and asked for it from my GP. I would try a different progesterone for sure. I discovered Norethisterone is in most of the regimes but there are a few without it. My GP wanted to try a patch called FemSeven Sequi but this is unavailable at present, this also has a different progesterone. Good luck x

Unicorn

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 10:16:15 PM »

Thank you Nicola J! So do I ask for a sequential one with a different progesterone? Sorry to sound dim, it's my menopausal brain 😁 xxx

NicolaJ

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 02:13:04 AM »

That’s what I did. If you Google different types of progesterone in HRT you’ll find there are different types. Often it’s trial and error for a while until you find the one that suits you. In my case I had to avoid the Norethisterone so asked to have a different one. I was very specific as I didn’t know how knowledgeable the GP was going to be. I’d read on here that knowledge varies so I needed to be prepared to tell them what I wanted. X

Floo36

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 08:21:04 AM »

If you are sensitive to hormone changes you can get much worse also before things settle and you begin to feel better.  It is trial and error. I’m two months in since increasing and only now starting to feel anywhere near normal, but I expect it to take at least another month for sleep and anxiety to start to improve. 

Itwillpass

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 08:32:24 AM »

It’s hard Unicorn but I’m trying really hard to stick with 3 months like my doc said after I called again yesterday & like Floo36 said it’s early days for us all. I thought you felt better on the combined stage (like me) so I would say this progesterone does suit you. I tried femoston & it really upset my digestive system but like NicolaJ it might really suit you, basically it’s all a right nightmare  :-*

Unicorn

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 08:57:41 AM »

Thank you so much all! I think what I'm going to do (I'm hoping this is possible?) Is cut my patches in half and see if helps for a couple of weeks.... maybe work up to full patches? If I'm brave enough? 😁

Itwillpass and Floo 😚 I have been on the combined patch for 2 days now on half a patch.... I was hoping for a miracle to feel better, but I dont at the moment (I know 2 days is asking a bit much!) I will do the same with the oestrogen patches too.... hopefully if I can cope that long without dumping the patches and asking for something else, maybe see if I can get what NicolaJ suggests.... it's awful isn't it?

I all hope you get relief very soon and feel better... fingers crossed for you all xxxx
Pages: [1] 2