Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: July 2021 ? continuing risks ? (was C-19 2021)  (Read 22279 times)

Aprilflower

Re: Coronavirus - 2021
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2021, 02:53:50 PM »

I'm finding it frustrating how many people think that by having both vaccines they won't catch or transmit it but it is difficult to wade through all of the info to work out risk.

Taz x

This might help.

https://twitter.com/DrRichardPile/status/1410610822338859010?s=20

Your have to click on the graphs and expand to get the full difference between to two.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:55:25 PM by Aprilflower »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2021, 02:58:20 PM »

:thankyou:

Hurdity

« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2021, 06:25:58 PM »

I'm finding it frustrating how many people think that by having both vaccines they won't catch or transmit it but it is difficult to wade through all of the info to work out risk.

Taz x

This might help.

https://twitter.com/DrRichardPile/status/1410610822338859010?s=20

Your have to click on the graphs and expand to get the full difference between to two.

The point being made by the Twtter guy is that rising case rates are not reflected in death rates due to our vaccination but it has nothing to do with Taz's point - that vaccination does not prevent symptomatic covid nor its transmission - which is what I was pointing out in view of my son getting it.

Sorry to hear this Hurdity. I hope that he recovers quickly. You do need two doses for better protection but I can't remember the percentage difference between the first and second doses. Must be online somewhere!

Having both doses is supposed to keep even elderly people (over 60) out of hospital but, yes, being fully vaccinated doesn't mean you won't catch it or transmit it which is where the current social distancing rules are supposed to protect us.

I feel it would be useful for us if data was published as to how many current cases have had either none, one or two doses.

Taz x

Thanks Taz - he seems better today but had terrible lower body ache/pains yesterday. yes I did see that stats today on a website - that one dose of either vaccine only gives something like 30 % protection against symptomatic covid whereas two doses give something over 80/90% (can;t remember the exact figures but it differs slightly between AZ and Pfizer

I think the Telegraph had articles Taz .......... but very long and confuluted.  [sp]. These statistics are out there in the ether.  Somewhere  ::)

R U having to isolate Hurdity?

No isolation need for me :) as he lives in another part of the country - but of course keeps in regular contact!

Hurdity x

Aprilflower

« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2021, 06:33:23 PM »

Sorry, hadn't read your post, I was replying directly to Taz2.

Only trying to be helpful.

CLKD

« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2021, 06:33:38 PM »

As long as he continues 2 improve?  Does he feel poorly .........

Hurdity

« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2021, 07:16:32 PM »

Sorry, hadn't read your post, I was replying directly to Taz2.

Only trying to be helpful.

Of course - no problem - always good to see data :)

But it doesn't answer Taz's question is what I was saying. It's interesting, but a point about the statistics was being made and the graph did not answer it even though good to see!

As long as he continues 2 improve?  Does he feel poorly .........

Thank-you. Yes he felt poorly especially yesterday and the day before but is improving. He was confined to bed though and had a fever. He is in his 20's.

I really wanted to alert people - apparently many people who have been vaccinated are getting symptoms that are like a cold and therefore don't know they have it and therefore pass it on - my son knew he was properly ill with a virus, from the start - even though not seriously.

We still need to be careful! (especially after 19 July....)

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2021, 07:18:32 PM »

How many think that the government will put that date back yet again ?

Kathleen

« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2021, 07:35:06 PM »

Hello ladies.

Tim Spector has posted to say that the Govt.and NHS need to remind people that with the Delta variant  symptoms have changed. It seems that lack of a sense of smell is not an issue but cold like symptoms are, the symptoms to look out for are a headache, runny nose, sore throat and a cough. These apply to individuals who have had either one or both vaccinations and unvaccinated people may also have a fever.
My neighbour's five year old grandson is off school because he has 'a cold' as do many of his classmates ( I have no idea if children that young are being tested for COVID).

Take care ladies.

K.

Aprilflower

« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2021, 01:59:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/timspector/status/1411318105448620036?s=19

Two graphs from Tim Spencer.  One with a regional split of cases and one an age group split.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:02:34 PM by Aprilflower »

sheila99

« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2021, 09:56:17 PM »

So how do we tell the difference between mild covid and a cold? I always get a sore throat with a cold (swollen glands) and sometimes a headache.

CLKD

« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2021, 08:28:55 AM »

I get very nauseous prior to a cold, plus usually, my left arm itches like fury 3-4 days B4 it breaks - where my BCG injection went in when I was 13.

I suppose currently we treat any cold symptoms as if it is C-19? and stay isolated for 7 days.  I think we need to continue wearing masks for a long while ........... I love mine  ::)

Kathleen

« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2021, 10:04:21 AM »

Hello ladies.

I think the thing to do is take a PCR test to determine if your symptoms are a cold or COVID.

I hope the parents of the little boy will do this but who knows. His grandparents are convinced that he just has a cold but how would they know? If I see my friend to chat to within the next few weeks I will stand two metres away and keep my mask on!

Take care ladies.

K.

Kathleen

« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2021, 11:47:15 AM »

Hello again ladies.

My husband regularly listens to the scientific reports from Independent Sage on YouTube.
The latest news is very troubling and Christina Pagel who is often interviewed on television said that it is a very bad idea to open everything up on the 19th July. I will definitely continue with mask wearing and social distancing  for a while yet.

Take care ladies.

K.

Aprilflower

« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2021, 01:33:57 PM »

We regularly have grandchildren primary age after school etc.  We recently had a thick phelgmy cough caught from them after a sore throat. No headache or fever but we did do lateral flow tests which were negative.  Having read this thread I think we will get the PCR test if it happens again just to be sure. 

Maybe they will get round to vaccinating the primary school children for Covid after all they get the flu one up the nose.

Must admit having the grandchildren has held us back from inviting more elderly neighbours in for a cuppa recently.

We've been using KN95 masks when out and won't be giving them up easily. 

Personally if I had school aged children I would be very resistant to giving them the vaccine.

I have had two doses, but that was my choice as an adult.  The vaccine is new and children rarely get very ill.  Seems wrong to vaccinate them to protect adults.

CLKD

« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2021, 02:49:27 PM »

So why give them a 'flu preparation?  Do kids get 'flu, maybe it's to protect the adults around them?  Though I do feel that we vaccinate too much ........ so our immune systems can't cope.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15