Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sick of all this - think I'm going MAD  (Read 1572 times)

menopausalalways

Sick of all this - think I'm going MAD
« on: December 20, 2020, 01:56:20 PM »

Just about keeping my eyes open whilst typing this - more down to painkillers which just dont WORK.... I'm post menopausal, had last period when I was about 60 (I think) - no symptoms but now 4 years later I have really bad constipation, dizziness and nausea - discomfort which is mainly in navel area - really dry mouth..............the symptoms just keep coming..........and now UTI with burning slightly bloody pee............not interested in eating at all
Am I the only one and what's the remedy other than giving up entirely??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sick of all this - think I'm going MAD
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 04:23:20 PM »

Is it an infection?  Vaginal Atrophy mimics bladder problems really really well.

menopausalalways

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 04:31:10 PM »

Thanks - dont know. Does VA give you all those other symptoms as well?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 04:33:50 PM »

If I am going to have a bout of VA it begins beneath my belly button - like I'm constipated, irritated and generally "Oh no not VA" thoughts  ::)

Maple

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 04:35:49 PM »

I can both empathise and sympathise. I am post menopause and fourteen months hrt free. All my peri symptoms have returned with a vengeance, plus a few added extras, such as VA and constipation (not nice!). I have been prescribed Ovestin which I have only been using now for two weeks. My hot flushes and night sweats are ridiculous and pelvic pain is again bothersome and then of course there are the rest of the symptoms on top (I have a history of pelvic pain and have had numerous scans in the past and all, barring an ovarian cyst that required no treatment, have been fine). Hrt worked very well for me including ridding the pelvic pain but during the shortages in 2019 and due to my age (I was approaching 60) my GP suggested I stop using hrt. All was fine for twelve months then BANG!! The menopausal ten tonne truck hit me again.
I have an appointment with my GP this week for a pelvic examination and to discuss the return of my symptoms. I will ask if I can go back to hrt. I know hrt isn’t for everyone. But please, speak to your GP. Please don’t ‘give up’. Make the call.

Maple x

menopausalalways

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »

Ah right. Mine is slightly above my belly button

menopausalalways

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 04:39:30 PM »

Thanks Maple. I will see if I can have a Triage appt with the only female at the surgery. I am finding the constipation more of a pain TBH as I am fed up of sitting on the loo!!!!! for NO result!

menopausalalways

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 04:47:19 PM »

Oh and the wind noises coming from me are absolutely unbelievable = plus the level of GAS!!!!

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »

Too many sprouts??? Seriously though I think it's a good idea to see your gp. As you have blood in your urine it does need to be checked out.

pepperminty

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 06:12:51 PM »

Hi,

Try panting like when you give birth, on the loo-  this can help elimination .  Eat nuts, seeds and prunes and drink loads of water.

PerrmintyX

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »

If you have even slightly bloody pee then you will need to have a sample tested. Constipation and pain around the belly button can be a sign of a kidney infection. It may be low grade so you don't feel that ill but it must be checked out. I know that flank pain is more commonly associated with kidney infection but it can also give pain around the belly button. The other symptoms are nausea and lack of appetite plus a feeling of dizziness. Sometimes you have a low temperature rather than a fever. I strongly advise you to get this checked. After the age of 60 it is rare to have any burning sensation when passing urine even when you have quite an advanced urinary tract infection. I learnt this to  my cost a few years ago and it took four months to get over the subsequent infection as I left it too long before getting checked out!

Taz x