Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 386766 times)

Bette

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2011, 10:55:48 PM »

Taz2

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2011, 07:43:30 AM »

Hi Amber - welcome to the forum.

The answer is... it gave you a bit of peace  ;D ;D

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #152 on: March 03, 2011, 08:47:09 AM »

:clapping:  you've browsed round, joined in, you'll fit right in with us  :tulips: ...... you were concentrating on your driving and we all know that women are safer drivers  ;)

Eddie

« Reply #153 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »

Yes that's right, so why can't we get a discount anymore.  :cuss:

Joyce

« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2011, 11:06:35 AM »

Yesterday I was making some toast for my lunch.  Well when I say making, that was what I was supposed to be doing.  I'm standing there in the kitchen waiting for my toast to pop up, except it didn't!  I thought it was taking a long time.  No wonder had switched on toaster but hadn't put bread in! DUH!  That might be why then!  ;D

viv

« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »

I "cooked" the frozen peas in the microwave yesterday. Had everything else on the plates all ready to be served, opened the microwave door.....yes you have guessed it. I forgot to put them in  ::)

I really do give up.

Honeyb
x

Suzi Q

« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2011, 11:55:36 AM »

:welcomemm:
Amber
Yesterday I locked the front door shut the flyscreen and went to work
Came home 4hrs later looked in  my bag no keys I oaniced Bobbles is away
So I rang work on the mobile frantic they couldnt find them said theyd have another look ring back in 2mins
I turned around saw the flyscreen door open and my keys still in the front door
Id eveidently locked it turned around shut the flyscreen door which of course wouldnt close with the keys sticking out
Id run to get my lift OK says you why didnt you see fly screen door and keys straight away
We have a table and chairs outside the huse and i always put my bag on that and get my keys out duuuuuuu

CLKD

« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »

We don't see it because we don't expect them to be there  ::)

amber7

« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »

Thankyou ladies for your warm wellcome....so nice to know im going to fit in and look forward to reading your posts. off on holiday saturday morning have loads to do so will catch up with you all soon :)

ariadne

« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:34 PM »

When I left work this afternoon, I saw that a lorry and trailer with a small digger on it was parked right across the exit of our car park. I looked around the car park but could see no gap in the line of parked cars opposite mine that I could drive through and out of the far exit.

There was a man roping the digger onto the trailer so I went up to ask him if he was loading or unloading the digger as I couldn't get out until he moved. He said not to worry, he'd be gone a minute or two. As I turned to walk back to my car, I noticed there was no-one parked BEHIND me and I could just have reversed out! But in my embarassment and in case he noticed, I felt compelled to sit and wait till he moved and then drove off.

How stupid I felt.  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2011, 08:55:20 AM »

::)

Witches Cat

« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2011, 04:45:04 PM »

This was a few years ago now, but looking back I see it was the start of Peri and my mad behavior started around then. We hade been coming home from Bridport and around the approach to Yeovil I had a sudden urge for a wee. Hubby said he needed some petrol so we'd pull into a garage and I could use the loo while he filled up. On auto-pilot, like I am so much theses days I got to the loo, did the nec, put myself straight, flushed and tried to leave. The door was stuck fast, then thinking how I get stuck in shops pulling the door when I should push, I tried that. Nothing, it wouldn't budge. So I pulled and pushed harder. Still nothing. By now I was frantic, so I heaved my shoulder against it.. it moved, a little. SO I did it again, it moved a bit more, but only at the bottom. I kept at it, and eventually managed to crawl out underneath.  Got to the car filthy, and crumpled, and swearing like a trooper, told hubby what had happened, then as we drove off hoping no-one would see I had broken their door, I realised..........  It was a SLIDING door.  Never even noticed when I went in. They've pulled the garage down and re-built it since.
                         ;D

Taz2

« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2011, 06:41:25 PM »

:rofl: :rofl:

CLKD

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »

>:( ... how awful!  hope you weren't going a-visiting  ???

terriw

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »

yep, just the sort of thing I'd do!! :clapping:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110