Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 743818 times)

Meg

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #645 on: January 09, 2013, 01:02:38 AM »

Dear Ducky Ducky

I am really sorry that you are struggling like this.  I have been in similar boat for eight years and I dread the hot weather.  Just read  the previous post and wondered if clonidine was any use.  Maybe someone will post on this.  The flushes and sweats are horrible and their assoaciated symptoms.  Do you have a helpful GP as that seems to be a key issue.  I understand what you mean about not having bleeding back.  Quite a lot of women find that they cannot tolerate the progesterone/progestin part of HRT.  Obviously if there was a fix we would all be on it but I hope that there will be someone posting who can be of help.

Meg

ducky ducky

« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2013, 03:40:46 PM »

Dear meg
 Thanks for your help, been work today and thought of nothing else, hrt or not hrt ha ha, still no idea, my partner says to just go and have a talk to Dr but I don t know, I ll have to see how it goes, thanks again
Linda

Buffy

« Reply #647 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »

Just getting up to date on this thread as I have been away for a while. As far as I understand, taking HRT does not necessarily mean you have periods again - especially if you haven't had one for two years. Read the link to HRT down the left side of this page. I am trying to wait for HRT until I haven't had one for 12 months (I am at 8 months now) then I can take the type that you don't get periods with. Until then, my regime of no alcohol or caffeine seems to be keeping things manageable. Maybe I won't need HRT afterall!

Eve

« Reply #648 on: August 22, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »

:D Hi everyone..

I too was put on hrt due to the terrible hot flushes I was experiencing, but then because of high blood pressure was taken off hrt altogether.. Was told I had tried everything and there was nothing left and I had to cope with them... Considering they could sometimes last up to 2 hours at a time and I would be soaked to the skin and totally miserable this seemed almost an unbearable thought..
But I read Starflowers comments on Starflower capsules and decided to try them myself.. WOOOOOPEEEE!!!!! They really do work!! I take 1000mg capsule once a day and although I do get the occasional hot flush still they are much more manageable.. Thank you so much for your tip.. I am eternally grateful.. they started working for me within a few days, so please anyone suffering these awful hot flushes give them a try.. I am sure they may not work for everyone, but really worth a try.. Thank you Starflower!! xx

JeanneA

« Reply #649 on: August 25, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »

Hi I've looked up the starflower capsules and can't seem to see anything that says they help with hot flushes,  I am interested in trying them but I am looking for something to help lesson the flushes so need to be reassured that the capsules will help with that.

Eve

« Reply #650 on: August 27, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »

:) I actually got mine online at natures best, but I am informed you can get them in tesco too.. and probably a bit cheaper. They have certainly helped me, tho I do still get a few hot flushes now and again they are nowhere near as bad and are copable now.. hope this helps :)

JeanneA

« Reply #651 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »

Thanks Eve, it is very helpful especially if you can buy them in tescos, I will certainly be having a look next time I go.  :)

dulciana

« Reply #652 on: October 06, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »

I know I've mentioned this before on the Forum, but has anyone (who doesn't use HRT) tried the Boots' Ladycare Magnet? You're supposed to attach it to your underwear in the pelvic area - which I do - but at night I fix it to my skin with Micropore tape.   I've used the magnet for about two years now and although I get my share of daytime hot flushes, I can't remember when (if ever) my last night sweat was.  It means my nightclothes stay nice and dry and even if I do wake up, there's nothing to stop me getting back to sleep.  I'd recommend it for anyone not using HRT.

Dandelion

« Reply #653 on: October 08, 2013, 06:11:30 PM »

Hi everyone. Phew it's hot in here.

I keep a fan by my bed to cope with night sweats and feeling hot.

I sweat during the day as well.

It's mainly my upper body that gets hot.

Today, I walked the ten-minute walk home, quite briskly. When I got home i started sweating and had to take my shirt off because it was wet, especially under the arms.
I also ran my fingers through my hair and my head was really hot.

I also notice that if I get flustered, I suddenly start sweating.

Yesterday, when I was with my friend, I had been walking, and my neck got all wet. I told her to feel my neck and she said it was clammy and wet.

Does this all sound like familiar peri-menopause stuff?

Thanks

Gypsy

« Reply #654 on: October 10, 2013, 07:24:07 PM »

After reading about Starflower oil on this thread, I bought some. I've been taking 2000mg of Evening Primrose and 1000mg of Starflower for a month now and I haven't had a flush or sweat for almost a week. Keeping fingers crossed!

dulciana

« Reply #655 on: October 11, 2013, 09:08:29 PM »

Has nobody else tried Ladyycare? 

Taz2

« Reply #656 on: October 11, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »

If you type "ladycare" into the search box in the blue bar towards the top of the page it should bring up all the posts about it.

Taz  :)

Dandelion

« Reply #657 on: October 12, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »

Menopause actually helped me lower my energy bills, because I only needed low-level heating on last year when it was Winter.

In this way, meno saved me money, a lot of money, so, every cloud has a silver lining.

Taz2

« Reply #658 on: October 12, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »

Do you live alone Dandelion or did you watch the other members of your family shiver?  ;D

Dandelion

« Reply #659 on: October 12, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »

Do you live alone Dandelion or did you watch the other members of your family shiver?  ;D
I live alone thankfully.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55