Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 745671 times)

Meg

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2008, 10:23:51 PM »

Dear Rosebush

I have been without periods for just over three and a half years and still having the flushes.  Cant say I've noticed them decreasing substantially yet - I live in hope.  At present the weather is very hot and I am pretty volcanic with them.  Never dreamt it would go on like this.  Many a time feel very panicky and queezy when I get them.  God knows I hope this wont go on and on, had just about enough of it by know.

Best wishes from Meg

Rosebush

« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2008, 10:10:15 AM »

Oh Taz think i will be committed long before i reach 70 :'( i am having to take a mild sleeping tablet once, sometimes twice a week due to exhaustion, everyday i get up i feel worse than when i went to bed.. :'(  like you Meg, i never thought the sweats would be like this, had them now for 6.5yrs, and although i get some relief if i let myself get freezing cold, this effects my joints as i have Arthritis, i do however get longer gaps some nights, so maybe there will be a change soon...i hope...

To put the question in another way, how many ladies only had hot sweats for a short time, & did they just stop or get less as time went on.. :-\

Taz2

« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2008, 11:39:22 AM »

Rosebush - I'm sorry not to have time to read all of your posts on this but have you been tested lately for other reasons for your sweats? It is just a thought but so often we blame symptoms on the meno when there may be a different cause entirely.

Love Taz x

Rosebush

« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »

Had thyriod checked Taz, but came back ok, so Gp has put sweats down to meno :'(

Rivadan

« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »

An overactive thyroid makes you feel generally too hot. You can feel as hot as you would on a sweltering summer day when its the middle of winter.  A person with an overactive thyroid will be the one in a T shirt when everyone else is in a coat. However, you don't get the sudden intense heat of a meno hot flush, which on a cold day can leave you shivering a few minutes later.  I reckon you can always spot a hot flusher by the cardigan on/cardigan off/cardigan on/cardigan off ... routine!

lillybee

« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »

An overactive thyroid makes you feel generally too hot. You can feel as hot as you would on a sweltering summer day when its the middle of winter.  A person with an overactive thyroid will be the one in a T shirt when everyone else is in a coat. However, you don't get the sudden intense heat of a meno hot flush, which on a cold day can leave you shivering a few minutes later.  I reckon you can always spot a hot flusher by the cardigan on/cardigan off/cardigan on/cardigan off ... routine!

That made me smile, the on/off cardi is me to a T. I have an over active thyroid but I believe once the medication has stavbilised it it isn't a problem. I take tablets and my bloods are normal. I never know if I prefer summer or winter. In summer I am too hot but when I am dripping I don't get so icy cold and I am wearing less clothes. In winter I coll down quicker but the shivering is worse and I am cold in between because I can't wear jumpers etc. Tough choice  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »

Am bumping this up for the Starflower content. Start at page 1 of this thread for information - a member called Starflower posts about using the oil.

Love Taz x

loupooh

« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »

Am bumping this up for the Starflower content. Start at page 1 of this thread for information - a member called Starflower posts about using the oil.

Love Taz x
Hi, i have started starflower oil just under two weeks ago after reading about it here, i am taking 1000mg, the flushes are still with me but the amount and the severity of them has lessoned a great deal and although still waking in the night i would say i am sleeping better than i was so i am feeling hopefull that after being on it a bit longer will make that side of the nightmare a bit better, so thanks to all who have suggested it as i have been told by so many that nothing works and so had refused to waste my cash on anything before. Good luck and hope this helps some of you. XX

Rosebush

« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »

LP i used Starflower oil 1000mgs with sage tabs, after about 6wks i did noticed a slight fall in day time sweats, but my night one's were just as bad, so now i am trying Menopace...but good luck with SF and hope it works for you.. :-*

Tricia

« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2008, 01:11:12 PM »

I don't know whether it is the muggy weather or not but over the last 3 nights I have has sweats like no other sweats, even to the point of sleeping with no covers on at bar a pair of knickers......who was the eejit who said "oh! I haven't had any night sweats, only flushes during the day ;D ;D ;D ", mmmmm....never say I haven't had again Tricia as you are chancing it  ::) (me talking to myself :-\).....I have never known sweats like this, hot flushes have gone from being practically nothing to sheesh!!!!! see you all in freezer aisle in tescos then :hotflash: I am drinking so much cold water to try to cool down and then all I am doing is running to the loo.......but I think it is all being sweated out....I really feel for those of you who have been having these sweats for ages and got them all the time.......wondering if standing under a cold shower will help any??????

Obviously Soy Iso is not doing what it is meant to be doing.....well it was for a while wonder if I have become immune to it.....rambling I know, do I care no way......wonder if I should try the Menopace.....use up SoyIso first then perhaps try the Menopace.......Maybe that last period knocked everything off kilter and now my hormones don't know where they are......well maybe if I talk to them nicely they will just go away again......."nice hormones go back to sleep".............I think I am cracking up here :stupid:

Thank the lord I have an appointment with my lovely lady doctor to test BP  ;D ;D ;D at this rate it will be as high as a kite :meltdown: will talk to her as she won't try to talk me into HRT if she doesn't think it is needed, also she is good to talk to and will let me ramble until I get to the point....don't worry ladies it's just the heat going for me :steamed: honest.

Love,

Tricia :-* :-* :-*

Love,

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 01:13:07 PM by Tricia »

Tricia

« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2008, 01:14:40 PM »

;D ;D ;D

See I am cracking up, signing my last post twice. ::)

Love,

Rosebush

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2008, 03:44:58 PM »

Tricia i feel for you.. :hug: I am trying Menopace, tonight will be my 7th one..so thats 1wk down, think they start to work around 4-6wks..so i am counting..

Friday & Saturday night i had sweats every 40mins BUT also stayed really hot from 1 sweat to the next, this went on for 6hrs, just could not breath, so sat up until it passed!! then fell to sleep for 50mins, got up and felt like a zombie, had this happen quite a lot over the last 3mths, anyone else get this??? :'(

traceyvk

« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »

Since my early menopause started four years ago, my hot flushes gradually got worse.  I only get around four hours of sleep a night if I am lucky.  I used to get day flushes too, but since starting the  menopace tablets the day flushes have stopped.

I also get ****ly heat when the hot flushes start.  I have had to change jobs and do part time evening, as I am so tired all the time and couldn't cope with my full time job.  It has taken over my life completely.  Once while at work i had a hot flush and instantly got ****ly heat, I looked awful, some staff came over and asked me if  I was okay.  I get so embarrased with it too.  I always have to have sprays of one kind or another to try and help me cool down. 

Around 5 minutes after the flush I am freezing too, no happy medium.  One thing that did help a little was that I bought some decent cotton bedding, and a small table fan to stand by my bed.  I used to take Kalms which gave me a fantastic nights sleep, but I have a disabled son who sometimes gets up at night and my hubbie sleeps like a rock, so not able to keep that up. 

If i had to go back to full time work I don't think I would have a job for long, as I am so tired and not many bosses would put up with sleepy staff :-\

David Essex fan!

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2008, 03:56:17 PM »

Hello to all!
I know this subject can be quite embarrassing but has anyone else felt a numbness sort of feeling in their vagina, and noticed that orgasms are not so strong?!! bloody hell just another symtom of the good old menopause???  would be grateful for anyones ideas, or coping methods!! Thanks.

Dreamer

« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2008, 04:40:37 PM »

Hi all,

I generally seem to be quite warm which progresses to hot flushes with the odd cool moment here and there at the moment.  I'm looking forward to this phase going away!  I seem to have phases of having flushes, then they calm down before flaring up again.  It's the worst they have been at the moment.

I thought it might be down to my thyroid too, (I have an overactive thyroid - Graves) and the Endo took me off all medication 7 weeks ago.  But had blood test back from GP and she said it was ok.  So must be the meno.

Dreamer
xx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55