Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 749895 times)

Daisy May

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2010, 01:35:01 PM »

Hot flushes can be very embarrassing and stressful when you are in company but the best way I have found to cope is rather than respond to the usual FIGHT or FLIGHT reaction when one starts, I now say openly to people, "I am having a flush, take no notice".  At first I found it very hard to stay in a Board-room or a business meeting during my sometimes very deep hot flushes but once I say those words it makes me feel calmer because although I am probably deep peuce in colour and shining like a beacon, I am not trying to hide it and honestly, people just carry on as if nothing is happening and then of course it passes.  At night, although I lose sleep because I have several during the night, I don't feel it as stressful or wearing as I used to do during the day.  Anyway, try it and see if it helps.   ::)

sandie w

« Reply #391 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

I have tropical moments.

:hotflash:

Sandie

« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »

Hi.

I am 48 and experience hot flushes, to start with I used to get in a panic, feel like I was going to faint or be sick.

Now when I get one I try to remain calm and breathe deeply until it subsides, read in a book somewhere that deep breathing helps.  I also bought some old fashioned fans, the type that japanses geisha used to use. I keep one on my desk at work and one at home, it help to have a breeze so you can breathe in some cool air.

endoftether

« Reply #393 on: April 27, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »

Get a "Ladycare" magnet. honestly they work. I've had one in my knickers for months and I would say I'm flushing once every 2 days if that.

terriw

« Reply #394 on: May 05, 2010, 04:22:18 PM »

I haven't had any alcohol for a week. No flushes, sleeping better. Hubby just offered to drive tonight so I opened the wine.

One glass.....hot flush!!

I had a stupid moment when I thought the hot flushes were leaving me at last...after 3 years.......

better go teetotal!

Red Molly

« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »

Have to share this with all those who are suffering, feel almost evangelical about it. Peppermint tea, two cups a day, has stopped my hot flushes and night sweats altogether, I am sleeping through the night for the first time in about twelve months and feel great! I have also cut caffeine out of my diet completely, although I still succumb to chocolate now and then, but the peppermint tea really, really helps, would recommend it to everyone, in fact I have, in our staff room, amongst my friends and now on here.Hope it helps some people out the way it has helped me. :)

Magda

« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »

Sorry... haven't read through all the posts but just wanted to ask.... does anyone else get this awful raw feeling/ nervousness in the pit of their stomach just prior to the hot flush starting?
I hate this feeling nearly as much as the horrible flushes themselves. Having come off antidepressants I wonder if this is making it worse too?
Now had these sort of flushes for almost 4 years..... and they're not going..... grrrrr  :'(

Bckquine

« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2010, 08:14:37 PM »

I am finding that since my doctor increased my anti-depressants my hot flushes have improved slightly, not sure whether it is just coincidence or what.

Bette

« Reply #398 on: May 13, 2010, 07:24:32 AM »

Hi mhm
On HRT now but prior to that had those feelings you describe. With me they never turned into a flush but I think they were the adrenaline rush which can come with a hormone surge and that for many ladies it then turns into a hot flush. Think that would have happened to me eventually but I started HRT before the little b****** kicked in!
Bixby x

Taz2

« Reply #399 on: May 13, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »

Yes Magda - this used to happen to me. Horrible feeling in the stomach (which is the surge of adrenaline starting) like you were either going to need the loo or be sick, raised heartbeat, anxiety, breathlessness and then.... the sweat! It is quite normal and once you realise this it does get easier to cope with.

Taz x

niecsey

« Reply #400 on: May 15, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »

Hi didnt realise the flashes made you feel anxious too???? I know they have me a few times when lm getting a really bad one but the last 2 days lve felt like that or feel like this now without the flash following straight away very interesting breathless even though l know lm not really light headed woozy just not with it.. lve been wearing a magnet for a month now and eating meno cake dont know what meno was like before hyster so dont know how much theyve helped but if things could eb worse lm glad lve been wearing the magnet and suffering the cake lol must start my hrt !! x ps when will l notice a reduction in symptoms after starting hrt please? x

Magda

« Reply #401 on: May 23, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »

Well I never knew that...  ??? about the adrenaline surge and, yes, the instant feeling of desperately needing the loo, which then subsides a bit when the flush passes.

Do antidepressants help do you think with this feeling?
I'm afraid I have tried Peppermint tea but still the same problem... it gets me down so much.  :(

wee rascal

« Reply #402 on: May 23, 2010, 07:13:18 PM »

I've ordered some Sage tablets today...will give them a wee go  ::)
I was using the Serenity cream but it's not working as well now. Going to try for a few days of nothing at all to clear my system and give the Sage a fighting chance...fingers crossed eh?  :) Gawd only knows I'm suffering!!

nasty pasty

« Reply #403 on: June 08, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

I am ten months from my hysterectomy being done aged 31 and thinking the menopause can not be any worse than period trouble and pain, well there just one set of problems gone with another set sent in,  :( having tried the tablets and patches that don't work I am now on the implant which is surgically done every six months more pain and scars and is meant to last for six months but for me it lasts 3. unfortunatly for me its trial and error error being the word used mostly in my case, still I at least have my sainity. I have seen a nice menopause nurse today that put me in touch with you guys and am typing my hot flushes out lol ;D I never dreamt it would be so hard. My flushes started pretty much as soon as my operation was over and done but I do have to say the implant for all its faults does get rid of mine,

From Nasty Pasty

Bette

« Reply #404 on: June 08, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »

Hi Nasty Pasty
 :welcomemm:
There are a couple of other younger girls on here in your situation but even us oldies (50 - eek!) will want to welcome you. If you post on "New Members" more are likely to see it and introduce themselves.
Do check out the "Funnies" too  ;D
Bixby x
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 55