Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 749932 times)

Corinna

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2010, 05:34:50 PM »

Rosebush
the dosis is 2 tbl in a large glass of water 2 to 3 times a day. Sweeten the way you like (or drink pure if you can stand it) it but obviously, plain sugar is the least ideal. I use agave.

Still cool,
Corinna

Taz2

« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »

Hi Hewitt  -  I had the symptoms you describe for around a year before they changed to more full-on flushes and then sweats.

Corinna - It would be nice if "this was it" but I have to say that it is not very long since your last period in the scheme of things - I went 10 months between mine twice - and the main thing that used to happen when a period was building up after a few months without any was that the flushes would stop. I hope that the ACV is the thing that has stopped your flushes but it could be that a period is on the way. It is normally only when periods finally stop that the symptoms properly begin - two years after your last period the symptoms should peak - though it varies so much from person to person I am not sure where they came up with that timescale!

Sorry that you have been feeling a bit under the weather lately - your positive outlook will go a long way though in helping you manage your meno symptoms as they occur!

Taz x

Corinna

« Reply #362 on: January 27, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »

Hi Taz,

yes, I know that feeling when a new period is on its way and the hot flushes completely disappear. Luckily, that is not the case with me at the moment. The hot flushes have disappeared 90% or something. If I get upset I still get a bit of heat creeping up my back.

About the fact that symptoms should peak after 2 years: Please do not tell yourself that - there is no rule how symptoms develop - every woman is different and to think negatively like this is not likely to make you feel better. Many experts say that that symptoms should have subsided 12 months after your last period. Others say that only a very small minority suffer longer than a few months. CHOSE to think positive - that is what I try to do.

I will continue to try every idea that comes my way to get better: I have still lined up: molasses, sauna, alkalising the body, detoxing, alfalfa, gomasio and I have not even touched any herbs. I am sure I will continue to get better as I have in the last months.

The good thing about trying all these natural remedies to get rid of your hot flushes is that they are all good for your general health and are equally effective to ward of cancer and heart disease. For that reason I do not mind to spend the time and effort of reasearch and try them.

I am certainly not one who does not try things out of fear to be disappointed. Obviously, not everything works or works only for a short time. But then you try the next thing....and the next....and the next. And eventually you hit the problem on the head. That is what I do with all my various health problems and now with the internet we have so many ressources that I am usually successful.

All the best,
Corinna

Bette

« Reply #363 on: January 27, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »

Agree about the positive attitude - I'm choosing to tell myself that I'm one of those who has a rough peri but feels great once really in meno!  :)
Not sure about herbs and "natural" remedies always being good for health - they too can have side effects. I chose not to try black cososh(sp?!) as it can be bad for the liver and some have found it impacts badly on IBS (which I have) I'm on HRT which is proving to be great for me - we're all different and should feel free to use what works for us. I have been to a herbalist in the past and found it useful for IBS but also very expensive. I feel uneasy about using herbs without expert guidance, though - they can be just as strong (and toxic) as convential medicine.
Bixby

northwest1965

« Reply #364 on: January 27, 2010, 04:17:38 PM »

I agree Bixby. Research anything before you take. I was very interested in Black Cohosh until I read that it can cause low BP. (Mine is v low now) People with hormone-sensitive conditions, such as cancer of the breast, ovaries or uterus, endometriosis or uterine fibroids, should avoid black cohosh until more is known about how it works and whether it has a hormonal effect.

Suzi Q

« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2010, 06:54:40 AM »

I thought mine were over 10/12 years ago with taking the mini pill and Ovestin
Since Ive stopped the Ovestin  last November they seem to have come back
They arent as I remember them really bad these are short bursts of heat all over then gone maybe 2 or 3 a day
Is this what happens to all women when they delay the inevitable?
Suzi Q

Rosebush

« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »

Hope not Suzi.. :'(

Cori i have bought some ACV got the organic stuff from health shop & some sweetners, had i glass at 5pm, used fairly hot water, and it tasted a bit like lemon juice, will have another at 9pm , then start with 3 tomorrow, will post if i get any relief from night sweats.. :)

Taz2

« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2010, 08:06:17 PM »

Sorry Corrina - I don't mean to be negative it's just knowing of a lot of ladies who have had a bad time I guess! I have no idea where I am in the great menoscheme of things as I am on HRT but I fought tooth and nail not to go on it. In the end the hot sweats got the better of me and I was so grateful to find relief and to be able to continue working.

I realise that I have been posting on here for a lot of years now - I think that it's four - and in all of that time we have discussed so many different things to help with our symptoms and unfortunately I can't think of any that have actually worked well against the hot sweats. I think that your ACV cure may be the first - positive thinking  ;D ;D

As for all alternative remedies being good for the body - I agree with Bixby on that one. Herbal remedies have to be used with caution - but each to their own.

I don't mean to come across as negative but, in the past, probably around three years ago, I went through different times when the meno symptoms stopped altogether and I wasn't taking anything at all. If I had been taking one of the non-hrt routes or even the hrt route I would have thought I had found the cure whereas, in fact, it was just one of the ups and downs of meno. It will be great for you if you have really had your last period - will keep my fingers crossed.

Taz  :)

terriw

« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »

Hi Rosebush and Corrina. I've just bought some ACV too. I tried it just in water and it was HORRIBLE!!! Will try again tomorrow, maybe with some honey. Will also report back on results. Hoping it might help with the cystitis too ??  ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #369 on: January 31, 2010, 03:33:17 AM »

To be fair and honest ive given up on all things
Taken HRT and pill for years still didnt stop me getting Atrophy
I was using it at the time I dont know if anything will really work long term if at alkl for some people
Some I think get help some dont genetics plays a part too
Ive read and re read on here and have comE to the conclusion for the majority of women HRT is not a happy thing note I said happy
It seems to help but the things that go with it seem ALMOST as bad as the symptoms
I have the hotties back and the dry vagina after stop taking Ovestin
So whats the solution lying on my back at 80 (please god im still here) and shoving it in cant see it CAN YOU?
Maybe after all the olden days werent as bad as we thought no sex (NOOOOO) ergo no pain
Antidepressants ergo no sadness depression no HRT no weight gain I remember middle aged and over ladies were a hell of a lot slimmer
If this sounds a downer is cos I dont understand yesterday I thought Id die wanting to go to the loo every 10mins and aching
Today up for 3hrs before I had a tinkle its now 1.30pm only been once this time yesterday at least 8 times and still want to go
Bobbles said to not go to the new GP but make an appt with the old one whos been my GP since 1985
Hes been with me through death injury my nervy breakdown my sons illness and my Menopause hes right
This man knows me and it should be him that sees me and hes a good man he wont send me for anything thats not neede
Im lonely today Bobbles is away and I miss my Mum see 15 years no period and still meno symptoms I think truley this is it for life

terriw

« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2010, 07:21:17 PM »

Hi Rosebush, how are you getting on with the ACV?

I put mine in orange juice now, not quite as horrible.....flushes seem lighter and less frequent...but I'm also in a weeks break of Serenity progesterone cream.......not sure what is working or what isn't but won't risk stopping anything!!!!!! ;D

Rosebush

« Reply #371 on: February 07, 2010, 10:42:28 AM »

Hi Terri  :)  i am still taking ACV have 2tbs in small glass of warm water, with 1 sweetner twice a day, no change though with sweats after 1 week, but will continue..

Terri i noticed in another thread your sweats have eased using progestrone cream  :-*  but i thought it was estrogen that helped stop hot sweats, have i got it wrong ??? wondering if the cream might help me, as my night sweats really have me on my knee's after 10yrs.. :'(

terriw

« Reply #372 on: February 07, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »

Hi Rosebush. I read...somewhere...that it's more the drop in estrogen causing the imbalance with the progesterone that causes the hot flushes, thereby increasing the progesterone is supposed to help. I get confused...!!! I'll try and find the info and post it here for you.... :-\

terriw

« Reply #373 on: February 07, 2010, 11:07:23 AM »

Here it is...found it on http: www.johnleemd.com/store/faqs_progest_crm.html

Progesterone is needed in hormone replacement therapy for menopausal women for many reasons, but one of its most important roles is to balance or oppose the effects of estrogen. Unopposed estrogen creates a strong risk for breast cancer and reproductive cancers.

Estrogen levels drop only 40-60% at menopause, which is just enough to stop the menstrual cycle. But progesterone levels may drop to near zero in some women. Because progesterone is the precursor to so many other steroid hormones, its use can greatly enhance overall hormone balance after menopause. Progesterone also stimulates bone-building and thus helps protect against osteoporosis.

There's so much info about, it's difficult to know what to believe isn't it?

Rosebush

« Reply #374 on: February 07, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »

Terri many thxs for the link :) its only when you read stuff like this, you tell yourself that makes sense. ::)  How do you measure your 15-24mg dose?

x
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55