Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37976 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2021, 01:41:57 PM »

:thankyou:

Uptick

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2021, 02:14:50 PM »

Long term effects of Covid-19 are probably worse than any potential side effects of vaccines. Personal experiences (reactions, re-infection, etc) will pop up once more people get the jabs. Any assumption now is theoretical or based on trials with a limited number of subjects.

befuddled

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2021, 10:46:18 PM »

I think a lot of people are presuming that once they get their two doses they are good to go and I personally cant see that happening unless all unvaccinated people stay indoors.

My neighbour has had both her doses. I'm sure she would have been told the same as everyone else, but i overheard her today saying that in a couple of weeks she'll be safe and should be allowed to do what she likes.  Yeah, as in "she'll be safe and bugger everyone else".  She's been breaking the lockdown rules right from the start anyway, all 3 kids visiting regularly, often at the same time. But she's spent the last year complaining to anyone who'll listen about young people breaking the rules and putting people like her at risk!  Grrrrr!

CLKD

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:11 AM »

We can still catch it and carry it. 

befuddled

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2021, 10:06:23 AM »

Yeah, exactly.  Catch it, carry it, and spread it to others.  That's being said on the news over and over.  I don't know why people don't understand it.   

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2021, 10:22:02 AM »

If they can't or won't follow lockdown rules, what chance have we got when these people get vaccinated. Most people only care about themselves unfortunately. That's my take on society anyway.

CLKD

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »

There's another kind of treatment with a nebuliser being tested quite successfully  :-* 8)

holidaylover

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2021, 11:31:57 AM »

One thing to come out of all of this, is to highlight how self centred people can be.  I know most follow the rules but so many are twisting guidelines to fit with their own agenda.  My neighbour visits people who are in 'her bubble'  Even people out of town are in her bubble!  Amazing! More like a travelling hot air balloon than a bubble!  Befuddled, you're exactly right and its a worry.  The 'I'm all right Jack' brigade will spoil it for others.  I dont know if there's an answer it's just the society we live in.  We're not in a tight enough lockdown.  In Greece you have to apply to the Government to leave your house.  People here think its their God given right to pop down to Greggs for a bacon roll and a coffee.  I sometimes wonder if people dont know how to stick the kettle on.

Sparrow

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2021, 11:38:57 AM »

If they can't or won't follow lockdown rules, what chance have we got when these people get vaccinated. Most people only care about themselves unfortunately. That's my take on society anyway.

That's really sad.  If I thought that I would be really depressed. 

My take is that most people are basically good.  The bad people stick out like a sore thumb, which is good because you know exactly what they and can avoid.  The ones a find most problematic are those that appear really nice.  I remember my Mum telling me that people who appear so nice are often the opposite.  Her words have been proved right on many occasions.

Anyway, I digress.  Apparently most people are obeying the rules, even people like me who think many of them are just plain daft.(see my post in the Coronavirus thread)

Numbers dropping fast in London and the South East. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:10:02 PM by Shadyglade »

befuddled

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2021, 12:43:05 PM »

Only parts of the southeast,  some areas are still rising.  Slowing down though,  so hopefully will start to fall soon. 

I do agree with you that most people are good, it's a minority who misbehave, but not such a tiny minority in my experience.  When i walk on the hilltop, i look down on a car park, and see so many cars turn up, people get out and stand around in groups for half an hour then go home.  Not even pretending that it's for exercise, they're barely 10 yards from their cars.

CLKD

« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2021, 12:51:32 PM »

Yep. I don't believe that most are 'sensible' due to the amount of people I see in supermarkets.  We go once every 2 weeks during lockdown, using our village shop which is busy, expected as we are a large area.  But in general ..........

C.C.

« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2021, 02:16:57 PM »

The provincial government's modelling of new cases was announced here yesterday. If the public continues as they are and no further restrictions are implemented there could be as many as 20,000 new cases per day by the end of February and the death rate could double from 50 per day to 100. :'( :o  Hence, new restrictions were announced- I posted in the Coronavirus thread.
Most of the spread has come from private parties where no one is masked and there is no bylaw enforcement.  There have been reports of people hosting large private parties being fined only because people have complained about the noises or amount of unfamiliar cars parked on the streets.

VikkiP

« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »

Hi C. C. do you know who Rita Ora is??...........Sorry  ;D but seriously, the same here, people with money, £10000 fine, nothing to them. Same as the rich who can still afford to go on holiday, airports everywhere should be closed, worldwide, obviously except for vital food and medicine and anything else critical to life.

CLKD

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2021, 04:46:06 PM »

Oh don't remind me about Rita Ora !  as well as pro footballers having parties - they should have been sacked instantly and their Pensions taken away! 

VikkiP

« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2021, 05:07:58 PM »

Like my hubby says, they wouldn't have got away with behaviour like that, if Alex Ferguson was in charge lol!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24