Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37543 times)

C.C.

Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2021, 01:50:18 PM »

The vaccine roll out here has been criticized by many that it has been too slow.  The elderly and front line workers are the first to get the shot.  It has been estimated that the vaccine should be available to the rest of the population by mid to late September. ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2021, 02:48:29 PM »

There's always criticism.  Do you have the Pzier jab over there, which needs specific cooling temperatures to keep it in?  Did your Dad get it yet?

C.C.

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2021, 03:05:23 PM »

There's always criticism.  Do you have the Pzier jab over there, which needs specific cooling temperatures to keep it in?  Did your Dad get it yet?

My ds and a friend have gotten the Pfizer shot. We also have the Moderna vaccine going around.

My dad has not had the shot yet, not sure what he needs to do to get it just yet.  The nursing homes are the first to get it so he may well have to wait longer.

CLKD

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2021, 04:51:07 PM »

There's Hope! 

Ju Ju

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2021, 07:31:09 AM »

Mum, 93, is being vaccinated on Thursday. Just a couple of miles away. She has arranged transport and the lady who has volunteered is bringing a wheelchair. Good forethought as she isn’t capable of standing in a queue even for a short amount of time.

CLKD

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2021, 09:13:35 AM »

That's good news Ju Ju. 

holidaylover

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2021, 09:59:12 AM »

My worry is that when more and more people have been given their second shot, perhaps before Summer, many will feel safe, want to 'get on with their lives' and so will travel for holidays both home and abroad.  I dont think hubby or I will get a chance of the vaccine before late Summer, therefore many of us will still be more vulnerable to catching it from all those who have been vaccinated.

sheila99

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2021, 10:26:40 AM »

Ummm... the idea of being vaccinated is so that you don't get it and if you don't have it you can't spread it. You're far more likely to catch it from someone who hasn't been vaccinated, many of whom seem to happy to go outside their local area, crowd together and breathe over everyone else.

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2021, 10:28:16 AM »

Can 1 still carry a virus after vaccines?

sheila99

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2021, 10:40:49 AM »

It isn't a live vaccine so you can't catch it from being vaccinated. We do know it isn't 100% effective so there's still the possibility to get it and spread it, as well as new varients that it may not protect against.

Taz2

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2021, 10:42:02 AM »

Ummm... the idea of being vaccinated is so that you don't get it and if you don't have it you can't spread it. You're far more likely to catch it from someone who hasn't been vaccinated, many of whom seem to happy to go outside their local area, crowd together and breathe over everyone else.

I was listening to someone (no idea who!) on the radio last week who was explaining that although the vaccine should protect us from getting ill ourselves it isn't certain that it will stop those vaccinated from transmitting the infection to others who haven't. I haven't tried to find out more on this - I found it totally depressing so put it into my "don't want to think about this" box  ;D

Taz x

Sparrow

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2021, 10:53:41 AM »

I was listening to someone (no idea who!) on the radio last week who was explaining that although the vaccine should protect us from getting ill ourselves it isn't certain that it will stop those vaccinated from transmitting the infection to others who haven't. I haven't tried to find out more on this - I found it totally depressing so put it into my "don't want to think about this" box  ;D

Taz x

Too many 'unknown, unknowns' Taz.

Best not to dwell on covid subjects too much.  There is nothing we can do anyway.

Think happy thoughts  ;) , or try.

holidaylover

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2021, 12:19:55 PM »

As I understand it, once you have the vaccine it should ensure that if you catch Covid you wont suffer (if at all) so badly and therefore wont hopefully need hospital treatment, but, you can still catch it, therefore a chance that you can still spread it and here will lie the problem for people you haven't yet had their vaccine and for the many who refuse to take it for various reasons.   I think a lot of people are presuming that once they get their two doses they are good to go and I personally cant see that happening unless all unvaccinated people stay indoors.  Personally, I am still unsure about taking it.  My worry is what side effects could be, say 10 - 20 years later.  I hope people dont take it then regret it later.  Theres no way of knowing that just now.  Its so confusing and happening so fast but I know it's needed.

CLKD

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2021, 12:21:26 PM »

10-12 years: you may get bumped off by that bus B4 then  ;)

milly

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2021, 01:39:58 PM »

When my father had the vaccine the GP told him it would eventually protect him from being seriously ill with it, but would not stop him catching it,or passing it on, hence all the guidelines still to be followed until told otherwise
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24