Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 38219 times)

groundhog

Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2021, 09:22:01 PM »

Not everyone gets them Grounghog.
So well done.
It’ll still do the same job. 👏🏼

Hope so, thank you.  My 5 yr old granddaughter came to the outside of our house today to show me she can ride her bike ! She was so proud as was I, It was freezing I wanted to cwtch her and tell them all to come in for hot choc but not allowed.  Damned virus 🦠🥊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »

Well done that Girl.  I remember learning, OK whilst Dad was holding the seat behind me, until I realised that he wasn't  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2021, 05:59:03 PM »

DH had his letter to go for his jab - when he tried to lock on to make the appt., has been told that he isn't eligible.  Go figure  >:(.  MayB that's where Boris gets his numbers from: those letters sent out however, do not = jabs given!

DH will try again on Monday, hopefully by then my letter will be here.  It would be silly to drive miles++, twice!

Salad

« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2021, 11:42:09 PM »

If no luck online, call 119 and they can book him in  :)

Taz2

« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2021, 12:50:11 AM »

I've got mine tomorrow. Didn't realise it would be quite yet.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »

Tnx.  My letter arrived this morning  :o  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2021, 01:36:00 PM »

My letter arrived this morning but I'd already been contacted by my surgery so I'd already made the appointment. Here the GP ones are being done in a hotel 8 miles away but the general letter ones are apparently at a racecourse 20 miles away.

The organisation was amazing. All the volunteers so cheery too as they greet you in the freezing cold.

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2021, 02:42:07 PM »

Got my letter this morning. Booked both doses. Have to travel 15 miles.

Kathleen

« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2021, 07:54:06 PM »

Hello ladies.

I must say I am very impressed with the way the NHS has organised the vaccination role out.  Public service  at it's best and no interference from private companies or groups with a different agenda.

My husband is 65 in May and he has an appointment for next Sunday. I will be 65 in September and I expect I won't be far behind. It's such a relief to have some good news as it gives us all hope for a better future.

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2021, 08:37:48 PM »

We have a 18 mile round trip for our jabs, 1 next week and again in May.

Ju Ju

« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2021, 07:51:51 PM »

Had mine today. It was chaotic. Apparently you had to wait an hour outside before getting inside for another  wait. Appointment times had gone out the window. So many people. I’ve been shielding and have been struggling with asthma, so I went to the end of the queue where I was able to talk to a lady on duty. I told her I would have to cancel as there was no way I could cope with standing around so long in the cold. She got excited and went off for a wheelchair and took me to the front of the queue and I got my vaccine on time. Apparently the computer had crashed in the morning. I feel really upset. I’ve been shielding since March, and only 3 of us attended my Dad’s funeral in March. I feel I’ve been put at risk along with others. I was told it was quick, with little waiting, on time.

Taz2

« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2021, 12:10:20 AM »

I'm so sorry you had a chaotic experience JuJu. Mine was totally different. Met by cheery stewards as you entered the site and directed to a car parking bay allocated to my time slot. Asked to wait in your car (if no car in a waiting room socially distanced inside) where I filled in the form and then I was collected when it was my turn. Inside the venue it was all very smooth. My time was 11.30-11.40 and I was vaccinated at 11.41. Did you drive to the centre? Ours was very insistent that nobody was allowed to hang around outside. The inside wait was all socially distanced. I hadn't realised that you were shielding - I must have missed something on here. So sorry!

Taz x

Sparrow

« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2021, 08:32:59 AM »

My gosh Ju Ju, that was bad.

My husband had his last Thursday.  Went to Headcorn Aerodrome, which is 17 miles away.  All went like clockwork.  Received his jab bang on time and didn't even have to get out of the car.  Felf sorry for the staff there though as it was bitterly cold and the doctors were dressed in ski suits.

Ju Ju

« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2021, 09:27:32 AM »

It was appalling. But I was treated very well by staff. But I feel compromised after taking such care to shield. And all my family have kept away. My husband is being so careful, not going into shops etc. I’m not even allowed to answer the door! The only outing I have had is going to my dad’s funeral and that was only for 3 of us because of me. Everyone else watched it streamed or recorded.

I was not considered clinically vulnerable by the government based on the meds I take when well. I was advised to shield by the doctors because of my medical history. Twice in the last 5 years hospitalised following minor respiratory infections, requiring oxygen etc. I’m taking the maximum amount of my inhalers at the moment as the doctor doesn’t want to give me oral steroids as they compromise your immune system. But asthma gives you no priority with this government. Too expensive. Too many people have asthma, even in my case life threatening. I now feel worried I’ve been exposed to covid. Just to get a vaccine. I feel I should have turned round, gone home, cancelled and rebooked elsewhere. I had to travel half an hour and the other alternatives weren’t nearer. I will relax if I’m ok in a few days. If I’m not they they will insist that I had covid before having the vaccine, I bet. Sorry for the rant.

Sparrow

« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2021, 10:28:09 AM »

You rant away.

I think a lot depends on local supply and organisation.  My husband is 65 but with no health issues and is on no medication.  He had a call from our surgery, only two days before, to ask if he wanted the appointment.  He had the Pfizer vac so we are assuming they need to use up supplies.

When is our second dose appointment?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24