Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Menopausal snoring  (Read 1621 times)

MrsCulchie

• First Flush
Menopausal snoring
« on: December 05, 2020, 05:45:28 PM »

:-\

So I’ve started snoring.

Not only do the entire household LOVE to remind me how horrendous I am, they FILMED me to prove it. It is abominable. I sometimes wake myself up half choking/snorting, rather than snoring but the evidence is there. I am now a habitual snorer.

I believed them without the shaming me and now I feel put out to say the least. He snores, and I would never dream of waking him up as he’s a farmer and his work is quite physical, my youngest snores to an extent her sister was glad to see her leave for Uni. Only now we’re all back together again in (COVID) isolation, I’ve taken to the sofa in a huff. 3/5 five of us are positive, the youngest & I are unaffected so far, but it feels as a matter of when not if.

Enough of the background waffle, does anyone have a ‘cure’? I’ve tried that anti snoring foam from the chemist, you spray it in the back of your throat but it didn’t work.

I’ve googled the hell out of this and I can see that menopausal snoring/snorting is not my imagination, there are others of us out there on various forums who have succumbed to the affliction.

For the record, I’m on Fluxetine, and sandrena gel in an attempt to stabilise my flushes and moods.

Poor quality sleeping is definitely adding to the woes.

Open up suggestions, please and THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:47:52 PM by MrsCulchie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopausal snoring
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 05:58:44 PM »

Hi!  People snore for lots of reason.

Overweight
Different pillows i.e. on holiday
Different sleeping positions
Smoking
I have allergic rhinitis which doesn't help - allergies can become problematic during peri.

:welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 06:13:58 PM »

I thought it was the person who slept with snorer who had the problem?? My OH is a snorer too so if you find a cure please let me know (sell it, you'll make £millions).
 Mine is a farmer too so I am subtle about but I'm not going to stay awake all night because of his snoring. I tug the blankets enough to stop the snoring but not enough to wake him  ;).

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 01:48:56 PM »

Hello Mrs Culchie and welcome to the forum.

I am post meno and have also started snoring. I don't notice during the night but I have often woken myself up from a nap!  My husband snores as well so I often sleep in the spare room these days.

I have just restarted HRT mainly for mood swings but it would be a bonus if it helped the snoring as well.

I hope your family soon recover from COVID and please keep us updated.

Take care.

K.