Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Chronic anxiety  (Read 11993 times)

daisie

Re: Chronic anxiety
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2020, 09:13:09 AM »

Keep on with the AD if possible  :-\.

When I was last full of anxiety : July 2015 : I crawled into the surgery in absolute terror  :'( and the GP fitted me in.  I haven't needed the anti-anxiety medication for almost 2 years other than on 1 occasion in March.  In fact the medication may well be out of date  ::)
feeling crap this morning wondering weather to continue taking them mornings are the worst time for me cant see as theres going to be any relief with this medication im so sensitive to this sort cant wait for my phone call appointment on wednesday can i ask you ckld which med you are taking x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »

Escitalopram 10mg at night and 5mg in the morning.  Never any problems with this.  Do you improve in the day at all?

daisie

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »

Escitalopram 10mg at night and 5mg in the morning.  Never any problems with this.  Do you improve in the day at all?
i do notice a slight lift in the late afternoon i feel more relaxed as night time aproaches then i wake up back to feeling awful again im going to carry on with citalopram for now im onto my 5th day see what happens x

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »

That's good.  My worst time is between 3.30 and 11.00 a.m.  As the day goes by I begin to feel a lot better and by evening I'm a different person  ::) but come the morning.  I no longer say 'yes' to anything after 11.30 a.m. as I know by morning I'll be unable to cope.

Have you felt any worse this last couple of days? 

daisie

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »

That's good.  My worst time is between 3.30 and 11.00 a.m.  As the day goes by I begin to feel a lot better and by evening I'm a different person  ::) but come the morning.  I no longer say 'yes' to anything after 11.30 a.m. as I know by morning I'll be unable to cope.

Have you felt any worse this last couple of days?
we both sound the same i hate that morning feeling but the hope on that is we know it will lift through the day x

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2020, 11:25:44 AM »

:hug:

daisie

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2020, 12:07:13 PM »

racjen

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2020, 06:59:07 PM »

I started taking diazepam as a short term measure, while we tried to find a longer term solution ie an AD that I could tolerate. 3 years later I'm still taking it, 10mg a day, it has no effect on my anxiety because of the tolerance I've built up, but I can't stop taking it because of the withdrawal symptoms. All this because it proved impossible to find anything long term that helped, so I just ended up taking it long term. I'm now on a drug regime that seems to be working so will start the long process of tapering off diazepam but be warned, this is what can happen....

loonarider

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »

I have an emergency medication for anxiety and also found Propranolol helped.

What is the emergency medication called if you don't me asking? ::)

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2020, 06:59:10 PM »

I don't mind but others will slam me ...........  ;D. According to those I'm not allowed to ask my GP for 'valium' etc..  Like anyone knows my medical history or is in contact with my GP. 

daisie

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2020, 08:59:22 AM »

I don't mind but others will slam me ...........  ;D. According to those I'm not allowed to ask my GP for 'valium' etc..  Like anyone knows my medical history or is in contact with my GP.
hi ckld i had my call from the psychiatrist yesterday told her how bad the side effects were affecting me with the ssris told her it didnt make sence to give me medication thats making me feel worse and adding to my awful sympyoms of anxiety i told her the only thing that ever works for me is valium iknow my own body for what suits me and what doesnt they are the only meds that have worked for me in my experience so shes emailed my doctor to prescribe me some for me it helps when i need to go on appointments and so on.my daughter works in a mental health hospital the valium are still prescribed to patients for severe anxiety peoblems that medication has been a life saver for many people whos crippled with anxiety so to be told it shouldnt be prescribed is wrong at the moment i need it iv been addicted to amitriptyline for 12 years it stopped working for me but couldnt come off it cause my body went into horrible withdrawl so to me the antidepressants are not a good drug when comming off them .thats my experience x

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2020, 09:05:07 AM »

Tnx for the update.  Well done on asking the question and well done on the Psychiatrist for listening.  As I have stated my GP and I discuss regularly my medication requirements, we go through my drug history on screen together and he knows that I use what I require, that there is no dependancy.  I'm due for a call today from the Pharmacist attached to our Surgery for an update. 

daisie

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2020, 09:18:23 AM »

Tnx for the update.  Well done on asking the question and well done on the Psychiatrist for listening.  As I have stated my GP and I discuss regularly my medication requirements, we go through my drug history on screen together and he knows that I use what I require, that there is no dependancy.  I'm due for a call today from the Pharmacist attached to our Surgery for an update.
no one should have an opinion of there own to tell you what you should or shouldnt take if you are working with your doctor its your choice whats best for you i only need valium for emergencies not to take every day x

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2020, 09:29:54 AM »

It was the same for me - really helped prior to events that I was unable to get out of.  The last time I needed my emergency med was apart from 1 tablet this year: and I can't remember what for  ::) : was 2 years ago.  My GP has asked what I feel about stopping all my medication and we then discuss how much a waste that would be after all the hard work that he and my husband have put into keeping me alive ;-). 

I am also aware that should I begin to need 'more' that I would hi-tail it to talk to my GP.  Im the 1980s it took 3 years 2 find a regime that worked for me so I am loathe to alter much.  DH and I have a Life together again. 

daisie

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:45 AM »

It was the same for me - really helped prior to events that I was unable to get out of.  The last time I needed my emergency med was apart from 1 tablet this year: and I can't remember what for  ::) : was 2 years ago.  My GP has asked what I feel about stopping all my medication and we then discuss how much a waste that would be after all the hard work that he and my husband have put into keeping me alive ;-). 

I am also aware that should I begin to need 'more' that I would hi-tail it to talk to my GP.  Im the 1980s it took 3 years 2 find a regime that worked for me so I am loathe to alter much.  DH and I have a Life together again.
thats good you keep doing whats right for you if its giving you the quality of life carry on with it ,i still havent got an antidepressant sorted yet the citalopram makes me feel awful feel like my system has been poisoned thats the only way i can phrase it the amitriptiline was the only one i could tolerate made me drowsy in the morning had a better sleep it never made me feel sick like the ssris do but the anxiety never went away iv still got them i take one now and again just to give me a good nights sleep i dont take them on a regular basis anymore x 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6