Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vaginal Atrophy Blood in urine  (Read 18831 times)

Stockport1965

Vaginal Atrophy Blood in urine
« on: October 02, 2020, 08:57:17 PM »

Let me start by saying that I am absolutely terrified.
I did previously post about having back and pelvic pain. Blood tests came back ok for liver/kidney/heart. Also had an X ray & I have osteopena. Delta scan to follow
I have had two recent urine samples dipped and they have blood in them. The most recent today
Would this be something connected to Atrophy?
GP is referring me to a urologist

Taz2

Re: Vaginal Atrophy Blood in urine
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »

Hi Stockport. Try not to be afraid. Microscopic blood in urine is very common with VA but a referral to a urologist is often made to rule out anything else such as a polyp in the bladder. You might be referred for cystoscopy but that is also just a precaution. I've had three of these as despite HRT my urine samples often contain microscopic blood. What treatment are you on for the atrophy?

Taz x  :hug:

Stockport1965

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 05:47:49 AM »

Hi Stockport. Try not to be afraid. Microscopic blood in urine is very common with VA but a referral to a urologist is often made to rule out anything else such as a polyp in the bladder. You might be referred for cystoscopy but that is also just a precaution. I've had three of these as despite HRT my urine samples often contain microscopic blood. What treatment are you on for the atrophy?

Taz x  :hug:

Thank you
I am probably quite concerned because I have the back/pelvic pain too.
I am on Vagifem (using it daily now) the outside is quite itchy and stings when I wee.
As a lubricant I have been using organic coconut oil now for 2 years

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:13:13 AM »

I have answered your other thread ?  :-\

Coconut oil ?  have a look at the 'sylc' and the other moisturise websites - name escapes me  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 10:44:04 AM »

I can't use coconut oil. It makes me very sore.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:19 PM »

'yes' products - gets there eventually  ::)

dahliagirl

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 01:03:13 PM »

There is yes oil-based, and olive and bee, which are both oily and made for putting on privates.

I am not sure about coconut - I have silver-birch hayfever and get reactions to foods like apples, peaches plums and also nuts like almond and hazel  :angryfire:  and find some other foods a bit iffy - I am never quite sure about coconut. :-\

Mulberry

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 01:45:27 PM »

Heya. I couldn’t say if the blood in the urine was due to atrophy or not and I would imagine they would look for signs of infection etc. Have they considered a kidney infection given that there is some discomfort in you back? Don’t be fobbed off either.

Personally I would have said back pain and blood in the urine in absence of signs of infection would warrant a CT abdomen.

Stockport1965

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 05:33:07 PM »

Heya. I couldn’t say if the blood in the urine was due to atrophy or not and I would imagine they would look for signs of infection etc. Have they considered a kidney infection given that there is some discomfort in you back? Don’t be fobbed off either.

Personally I would have said back pain and blood in the urine in absence of signs of infection would warrant a CT abdomen.
I have had samples checked and no infection.
MRI is on Sunday and urologist the following Thursday

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 05:41:55 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Stockport1965

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 05:46:43 PM »

Let us know how you get on!
Will do :).
Haven't slept properly for days worrying!

Mulberry

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 08:41:20 PM »

Yeah Stockport. Easy to say to try not to worry... but try not to worry before you have to.

With any luck you will get a decent urologist. It isn’t easy for us women sometimes seeing urologists as they don’t see that many of us really. Typically we get sent to urogynae for most of our issues unless it’s a kidney issue.

Keep me posted. I’m genuinely interested to know how you get on especially as I had treatment for kidney cancer at the start of this year.

See what comes back from the MRI and go from there. Best of luck to you! 

Stockport1965

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 09:00:10 PM »

Yeah Stockport. Easy to say to try not to worry... but try not to worry before you have to.

With any luck you will get a decent urologist. It isn’t easy for us women sometimes seeing urologists as they don’t see that many of us really. Typically we get sent to urogynae for most of our issues unless it’s a kidney issue.

Keep me posted. I’m genuinely interested to know how you get on especially as I had treatment for kidney cancer at the start of this year.

See what comes back from the MRI and go from there. Best of luck to you!
Will do, I am convinced it's not kidney related, my back pain is very low and sometimes in buttocks, it radiates into my pelvis

LottieB

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2024, 05:27:07 PM »

Let me start by saying that I am absolutely terrified.
I did previously post about having back and pelvic pain. Blood tests came back ok for liver/kidney/heart. Also had an X ray & I have osteopena. Delta scan to follow
I have had two recent urine samples dipped and they have blood in them. The most recent today
Would this be something connected to Atrophy?
GP is referring me to a urologist

Hello, I've just come across your thread. I have exactly the same issue and was wondering if you managed to find out what was causing the blood in your urine along with your pain? X