Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Very Low Mood and Lots of Crying.  (Read 5386 times)

Kathleen

Very Low Mood and Lots of Crying.
« on: September 11, 2020, 03:55:13 PM »

Hello ladies.

My mood is extremely low  and I have been crying all day. The last time I saw my GP was in February and he said my moods were attributable to coming off HRT but these problems do settle eventually. On days like these I think that I should try HRT again even  though it wasn't particularly effective when I took it for six years.

I am almost 64 and ten years post meno and sometimes I think I should push on through but days like today really frighten me and I'm scared that one day these low moods will become permanent.

What would you advise ladies? Do I stick or twist? If I ask my GP for help what do you suggest given my age etc? I am already taking the AD Venlafaxine but clearly that isn't helping.

I apologise for asking this question again but I can't think straight and I can't go on like this for much longer as it's wearing me down.

Thank you for reading this and take care everyone.

K.

charliegirl

Re: Very Low Mood and Lots of Crying.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »

Hello Kathryn, you could be me! I am feeling exactly the same, am not on hrt but on venlafaxine which does not seem to be helping. I suddenly crashed down into a terrible lowmood a few weeks ago, and do agree its terrible.  Sending a hug to you!

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »

Hi I would say go back on hrt xxx

Js

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »

Hi ladies
I am 61 and trying to come off hrt patches after 10 years but I’m on a quarter patch now but getting hot sweats again but I think if I come of it completely then it will,be worse my moods are ok not really had a problem with that but I do think if you were better on it than off then why suffer and go back on it if it helped you although Kathleen says it didn’t really help so maybe have a chat to doctor as depression is also a symptom and again Kathleen says she’s on ad tablets. Depending on your situation try talking to doctor or vent on this forum we are wonderful listeners and share all what your going through but we shouldn’t have to suffer and we just to have find something that suits us as everyone is different
Take care out there

Js

Sage 🍃

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »

Hi Kathleen, how long have you been taking Venlafaxine?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 07:05:12 PM »

Aww I'm sorry Kathleen to hear your so down. This bloody meno is the pits!
I always think that if the ADs aren't working, then it's hormones. 🤷‍♀️
You have two choices, which only you can make, stick it out, and pray it all starts to get better, or go back on HRT.
I'm like you, I don't get full relief from HRT, BUT, I'm better than I was when it all hit.
Go with your gut Kathleen, then which ever you decide, stick with it.
Please, please keep us updated, and I'm wishing you all the best.
 :bighug:

xx

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 07:19:49 PM »

Hello ladies.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond.

Charliegirl - I am so sorry that you are suffering as well. I never had moods like this until the menopause and they are truly awful so hugs to you too.

Dotty and Js - I tried to contact my surgery today but couldn't get through. I will however try and get an appointment  next week. Perhaps I could try an HRT that I haven't tried before?

Sage - I started Venlafaxine and HRT at the same time in 2013.   I came off HRT a year ago but have continued with the Venlafaxine. I was told that this AD would help with emotional problems and reduce night sweats and  I believe my night sweats did lessen as they are not a problem now.

Jillydoll -  Thank you and I agree that I have two choices. I was hoping to soldier on and wait  for improvement but I don't want too many days like today! If I knew it would all settle soon I may be able to tough it out but there are no guarantees unfortunately.  I know three women who experienced lots of crying and they say it did pass for them and they came out the other side.

Thanks again ladies  and wishing you all well.

K.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 07:53:52 PM »

Yes, good idea. Try another regime.
Everyone's different, what one person can struggle on with, another can't. Then there's the degree of what we're suffering, we're all different. 🤷‍♀️
If you can't carry on like how your feeling now, waiting for it to pass, then, there's the answer. 😊
Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there. Keep us posted now your feeling.
Good luck. Xxx

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 08:06:24 PM »

If it was me I'd try again but then I was sick of feeling cr*p and I really don't want to go back there again. I can't remember if it was you but were your hot flushes not under control when you were on hrt? If so I think you need a higher dose. I'd suggest trying anything new on a sequi regime in case the progestin doesn't agree with you. You can change to conti as soon as you know you're OK.

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 09:31:58 PM »

Hi Kathleen

So sorry you are still trying to find the answers too to all this.  You are always so supportive of the ladies who come on here and as you said have been on this site for many years.  If only we knew this menopause would be all done by a certain age it would be a goal to work towards but each one of us is so indivdual.  I have cried so much this year as I did in 2017 when this all started for me.  i am 54.  No anti depressant helped me in this and I was on 300mg venlaflaxine in 2017 and by goodness it was a hell of an anti depressant to withdraw from but that i did in 2018 because I had got well from the right level of oestrogen.  I stayed well till December 2019 when my hormones dipped low and then it all started again trying to find the right balance and trial and error yet again with anit depressants (sertraline escitalopram ---nothing touched this)even the NHS meno lady suggested lithium!!!! For gods sake.  I had a mental health appt this week and they said to me THIS IS NOT A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE you are suffering post menopausal depression and you need the right level of oestrogen and suggested that the gp and the meno clinic must work harder to find the balance for me!  From having regular blood tests this year I was told by a private meno lady i saw (the best advice she gave me was make sure you have a blood test to check estradiol levels when you feel well)  This I did back in around May this year when I was well for a whole 2 weeks my levels were 800 pmol.  That may seem high but it is obviously the right level for me...........sadly they kept going up and up till they got to 2149 and more depression due to estrogen dominance had to come off hrt and they crashed low again so again I built them back up.  This week I am finally feeling like me again no tears cracking jokes feeling confident and I have been almost to the point of wanting to end it all.  It will be interesting to get another blood test soon.  For me to feel well I am currently on 125mg evorel patch (100 + 25)and one pump of gel.  Had to come off testosterone as that level went to 11.8 should be around 3 I was told.

Anti depressants have not helped me at all despite working years ago for bereavement grief depression.

I need oestrogen to balance hormones and be well and if that is what you still need which it sounds very much like it then you must explore this again.  I dont think I would be here without taking the hrt and have no intention of stopping.  I know of women  in their 80s still taking it and intend to till they pass on.

Quality of Life you deserve to be well.

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Jillydoll - thanks again for your comments. The crying yesterday was awful so I must take action I think. I will definitely talk to my GP asap.

Sheila 99 - It's true that I still had some  symptoms when on HRT including flushes so that's another reason to try again.

Bring Me Sunshine - Your experience explains why ADs are not helping my mood issues. I am reluctant to come off the Venlafaxine but I need to sort out my meno moods.

Thanks again ladies and wishing you all well.

K.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 03:45:41 PM »

Hi Kathleen, thanks for replying. I was wondering if your low mood and crying spells are not just hormonal, that's why I've asked about Venlafaxine. Do you think it feels like hormonal? Sometimes AD's have a paradoxical effect. I couldn't bear taking Venlafaxine, doctor said it could worsen low mood in the first weeks or months but then it would work as expected, but it never did. I came off it (lots of withdrawal symptoms) and will never touch it again. I had low mood and crying outbursts during perimenopause and one year postmenopause, but I feel much better now two years later, actually I think I can stop crying quite easily now, something that has never been my normal self, I've always been an emotional person. So maybe you have to stop taking it before going back to HRT, just so you know exactly what's doing what as both hormones and AD's act on the brain chemistry? Hope you can find an answer soon.

Baby

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »

I was on venlafaxine for six years and it really helped me then I hit menopause and it didn't. Docs doubled my dose over two months no effect. Now I am on pregabalin 75 twice a day it does nothing. This is because I now its hormonal depression. Have never had my oestrogen levels checked, doc says they are unreliable. On my 4th trial of HRT,tablet form now. I went up to 8 pumps when I was on the gel  nothing. I have no endorphins plain and simple. I run three miles on the treadmill at my gym. I sweat but feel nothing when I finish. No feelings of enjoyment or fulfilment. Been like this for nearly two years. No human being should have to live like this. :'(

Sage 🍃

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »

Oh Baby, that's so sad. Why on earth wouldn't they ask for estradiol blood tests? They may be unreliable to evaluate a woman's menopausal status, but they are important to assess if you're absorbing estradiol from  your HRT regime. Are you peri or post menopause? If you're peri, have you tried a higher dose from BCPs?

Baby

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 08:02:12 PM »

I THINK I am early post menopause.x
Pages: [1] 2